Halloween and the Mirror of Erised...

Narrator's POV

On Halloween, classes were canceled so Harry and his friends wandered around the school, played Qudditch, and wondered the library.

At the dinner feast, Harry noticed that Professor Qurriell wasn't there.

Halfway through the feast, when the desserts appeared on the platters, Qurriell ran into the Great Hall straight to the teacher's table screaming, "TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!!!" Before collapsing on the floor in front of Dumbledore, "Just thought you'd ought to know."

Dumbledore stood up and said, "Prefects lead the way back to the dormitories, teachers come with me."

The Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs, and Ravenclaws followed their Prefects, and the teachers —save the unconscious Qurriell— with Headmaster Dumbledore, but the Slytherins didn't move since their dorm was in the dungeon.

"Why aren't we going?" Pansy Parkinson asked

"Because it will be suicide, Pansy, the troll is in the dungeons and our common room is there too, we'll wait here until Professor Snape comes to get us." Victoria replied

"The old man is crazier than we thought," Louis muttered "he either wants to finish our house off entirely, or he's finally lost his mind completely."

The Prefects performed the required spells after verifying that indeed, all Slytherins were present.

A few minutes later, the large wooden doors opened with a bang and a livid Snape entered the Great Hall.

Seeing all his children safe, he breathed in relief and thanked Magic and Merlin that they ignored the orders that would have sent them to their deaths.

"Perfects, take the students to the common room, the troll has been dealt with" Snape whispered and turned, robes flowing majestically in the air behind him

That night, school rumor had it that three Gryffindors —Ronald Weasley, Dean Thomas, and Seamus Finnegan— went in search of the troll.

They overestimated their abilities in search of "eternal glory" and were currently in the school's infirmary.

The troll disagreed with their glory idea, showing that a club was a better weapon than three first years.

The Slytherins rejoiced.

***

On the day before Christmas Break, Harry wondered around the school under his invisibility cloak that he'd received from an anonymous person the day before.

He stumbled into an unused classroom and found it complete empty save a giant golden mirror.

Harry looked at the golden mirror with the strange engraving 'Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi.'

In the mirror he didn't see his reflection, instead he saw Tom and an older version of himself, wedding rings on left hands and wands firing at all the people who hurt them in their right hands.

"Hello Harry." A old voice from behind greeted

Harry turned around to see Headmaster Dumbledore, "Hello Headmaster."

"The Mirror of Erised, it shows your heart's greatest desire." Headmaster Dumbledore informed "I imagine you see your parents standing with you right now."

"Yes, I see them. I wish I knew them." Harry lied

"Well, Harry, remember: it doesn't do to dwell in dreams. Some could stare into this mirror forever and forget to live." Headmaster Dumbledore reminded, leaving

***

The next day, the Slytherins packed to go home.

Lucius Malfoy, Draco's father, had written to Harry saying:

"Dear Mr. Potter,

Would you wish to spend the Yuletide with me, my wife, and Draco?

Is so, please let us know so we can make preparations.

-Lord Lucius Malfoy."

Harry had happily replied saying:

"Dear Lord Malfoy,

I would enjoy spending the break with you and your family.

-Harry Potter."

***

Harry and his friends boarded the Hogwarts Express and rode to Platform 9 3/4, once there Harry and Draco said goodbye to Neville, Hermione, and Luna and found Draco's parents, Lucius and Narcissa.

The four people apparated to Malfoy Manor.

And then, Lucius showed Harry where he'd be staying

His bedroom in Malfoy Manor was as large as the Dursley's kitchen and living room combined and had black silk sheets with Slytherin green details, he had a large four-post bed and a large but empty dresser —Narcissa promised to take him clothes shopping tomorrow.

Harry smiled, he was one step closer to finding his soulmate...