Azkaban Escape and Remus Black neé Lupin...

Narrator's POV

Upon hearing of Gilderoy Lockhart's early death, the Wizarding World mourned the celebrity but quickly moved on.

After all more pressing matters were at hand, Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban.

***

Within a few days, Harry —who left with Draco to stay at Malfoy Manor for the summer— got his report card from Hogwarts.

As well as his Third Year Letter saying "THIRD-YEAR STUDENTS WILL REQUIRE:

•"The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 3" by Miranda Goshawk

•"Unfogging the Future" by Cassandra Vablatsky (if attending Divination)

•"Intermediate Transfiguration" by Emeric Switch

•"The Monster Book of Monsters" (if attending Care of Magical Creatures)

•"Numerology and Grammatica" (if attending Arithmancy)

•"Home Life and Social Habits of British Muggles" by Wilhelm Wigworthy (if attending Muggle Studies)

•"Spellman's Syllabary" (if attending Study of Ancient Runes)

•"The Essential Defence Against the Dark Arts" by Arsenius Jigger

The group of friends —excluding Louis and Victoria who graduated and had jobs, but still stayed in touch— chose their electives.

Neville and Theo were going to take Care of Magical Creatures and Ancient Runes.

Luna and Pansy were going take Arithmancy and Divination.

Hermione, Draco and Harry were going to take Arithmancy and Ancient Runes.

***

The group of seven shopped at Diagon Alley and got all the supplies they needed.

Everywhere they went they heard about Sirius Black and his escape.

Draco told him the story: Sirius gave up Harry's parent's location when Voldemort was looking for them, after his parents were dead Sirius killed Peter Pettigrew and was thrown into Azkaban; where he'd been for twelve years until his escape.

***

On September 1, the group of seven made their way to their usual compartment where they saw a man asleep on the seat near the window.