Diagon and Knockturn Alley...

Narrator's POV

Two weeks before the new school year, Draco and Harry received their Second Year school letters while eating breakfast.

It read, "SECOND-YEAR STUDENTS WILL REQUIRE:

•'The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2' by Miranda Goshawk

•'Break with a Banshee' by Gilderoy Lockhart

•'Gadding with Ghouls' by Gilderoy Lockhart

•'Holidays with Hags' by Gilderoy Lockhart

•'43 Travels with Trolls' by Gilderoy Lockhart

•'Voyages with Vampires' by Gilderoy Lockhart

•'Wanderings with Werewolves' by Gilderoy Lockhart

•'Year with the Yeti' by Gilderoy Lockhart."

Several hours and a dozen floo calls later, the group of Slytherins made plans to met up at Diagon Alley tomorrow.

***

*Flashback - Two Weeks Into Summer*

Harry awoke on a bright day to see a brown owl knocking on his window.

He quickly got up and let it inside, untying the letter on its leg.

***

Half an hour before Draco and Harry were going to shop for supplies for the new year, Lucius led them into Knockturn Alley.

The man led the two boys past booths and carts to a shop called 'Borgia and Burkes' and said, "Touch nothing, children."

"Hello, Mr. Borgin." Lucius greeted the old man who come from the back room

"Mr. Malfoy, what a pleasure to see you again." Mr. Borgin said "And young Master Malfoy, and young Master Potter, too— charmed. How may I be of assistance? I must show you, just in today, and very reasonably priced—"

"I'm not buying today, Mr. Borgin, but selling." Lucius said

"Selling?" The smile faded slightly from Mr. Borgin's face

"You have heard, of course, that the Ministry is conducting more raids," Lucius said, taking a roll of parchment from his inside pocket and unraveling it for Mr. Borgin to read "I have a few items at home that might embarrass me, if the Ministry were to call..."

"The Ministry wouldn't presume to trouble you, sir, surely?" Mr. Borgin asked, making Lucius' lips curl

"I have not been visited yet. The name Malfoy still commands a certain respect, yet the Ministry grows ever more meddlesome. There are rumors about a new Muggle Protection Act —no doubt that flea-bitten, Muggle-loving fool Arthur Weasley is behind it— and as you see, certain of these poisons might make it appear..."