Chapter Ten

Y/N's POV
"Y/N?" I hear Sub call. I just want him to leave me alone. He blamed me for something I didn't do and even hurt Alex for believing I didn't do it. He got way too mad also. Like seriously, it's just revealing his face and voice. He was going to do it someday anyway. The door opens and I see it's just Alex. "Hey Alex." He nods and closes the door. He says,"Sub is looking for you." 

I frown and say,"I don't want to see him." Alex sighs and says,"You're going to have to."

"Not if I don't want to."

"He's your brother."

"So what?"

"You're going to be together for years, you can't just not see him."

"Watch me not see him."

"You two are going to be in the same building."

"Not unless I run away."

"You won't do that."

"I could murder him."

"That would be seeing him."

I sigh in defeat and say,"I'll see him, just not now." Alex nods and says,"But are you going to forgive Corl?" I shrug and answer,"I'm not sure. He did it. I have no idea how or why, but he let me take the blame. He let Sub get mad at me." Alex nods and says,"True, but he's your friend." I shrug and say,"We haven't even talked much and we just met two days ago." Alex says,"He is your friend. We are all your friends."

I sigh and say,"I'm going to the park." Alex stands up and asks,"Can I come too?" I shake my head and answer,"No, I'd rather be alone right now." Alex nods and I grab my running shoes.

***********************************************************************

I sit on a bench at the same park Alex and I was at yesterday. Just as I sit down, a guy jogs up to me. He says,"Y/N? Is that you?" I look at him. My eyes widen in surprise and I say,"No. Is it really you?" He laughs and says,"Who else would it be?" I shrug and answer,"I don't know, it could've been Barney, Yoda, Spongebob, or even a random guy named Paul."

He laughs and says,"I see you're still the same." I shrug and reply,"Kinda." He nods and says,"I haven't gotten over you, you know." I look at him and ask,"Really? You didn't seem serious." He laughs and says,"I was serious. Dead serious." I nudge him in his side and say,"Don't play around with me, I can still tackle you harder than our old football team." 

He asks,"Really?" I shake my head and answer,"Harder and faster." He says,"Ouch." I laugh and say,"So what have you been doing?" He shrugs and answers,"The usual. I've still been jogging in the morning, other stuff." He then adds,"Say my name." I furrow my eyebrows together and ask,"Why?" He answers,"You haven't said my name. I want to know if you actually remember my name."

I roll my eyes and say,"Alec." He smirks and says,"So you do remember." I laugh and say,"How could I forgot the person I hated the most." He gasps and clutches his chest dramatically. He says,"How could you?! We were best friends!" I roll my eyes for the second time and say,"Of course we were best friends, I'm just joking around." He smiles and says," So what are you doing here y/n?" I answer,"I'm just visiting some friends. You?" He answers,"This is where I moved."

Oh right. If you have no idea who he is or what he's talking about, let me catch you up.

We were best friends ever since we met freshmen year of high school. We would always joke around and I would always keep him in his place. He knew I was stronger than him, and most of our football team, so that made is easier to keep him in place. One day, he told me that he liked me and he was moving. Next thing I know, he leaves and I never took him seriously about the whole 'liking me' thing.

"Hey y/n?" I look up at Alec and ask,"What is it?" He asks,"Why are you here alone?" I shrug and answer,"I needed some fresh air and a break. My brother got mad at me for a dumb reason that turned out to not even be my fault. I just need to cool down a bit." He looks confused and says,"I never knew you had a brother."

I laugh and say,"I just found out he was my brother a few months ago." He nods and says,"So step-brother?" I nod. He knew that my dad left and I never had any other siblings. Except for Sub. I say,"So where do you live now?" He answers,"Not far from here actually. Just like five blocks." I nod and ask,"Can I stay over? I don't really want to see my brother and the others." He nods and answers,"Sure, anything for a friend. I just have to fix the guest room up a bit."

We look at each other for a while, scanning each other's features. He has brown hair and hazel eyes. His skin is fairly tanned and he sure does smile a lot. He was always so happy back in high school, so I'm not really surprised.

We then break eye contact and he stands up. I stand up and he says,"Let's go then." I nod and we start on our way to the wizard. I mean his house.