Chapter Twelve

Y/N's POV

As the movie ends, I hear the guys talking and footsteps. They must be coming. I turn to Alex and he shrugs. I whisper,"What should I do?" He just shrugs again. I stand up and quickly walk behind the kitchen counter. I duck behind it and I hear Alex greet them. I quietly make my way to the stairs and I do it without anybody noticing. 

I close my door behind me once I enter my room and I sit on my bed. My phone vibrates and I check my messages. It's a text from Alec saying to meet him at the park. I decide to go since I don't really have anything to do and it'll be easier to avoid the others. I know I can't avoid them forever, but I can as long as I try, right?

Yeah, I don't really care. I slip on some random shoes and throw on some sweater. I grab some keys from the kitchen counter and as I open the door, somebody grips my wrist. I turn quickly and see Alex there. I smile and says,"Hey, I'll be back. I'm just going to the park." He sighs and nods.

He waves at me as I walk down the driveway. He closes the front door and I continue walking to the park.

Eventually, I get to the park where I saw Alec again for the first time. As I walk, I spot Alec sitting on the same bench where we met again. He notices me and waves at me. I walk to him and take a seat next to him. "Hey" he greets. I say,"Hey, why did you want me to come?" He shrugs and answers,"Well, I just wanted to know if, well, if you, well, why is this so hard?!" I laugh and say,"I'm sorry."

He smiles and asks,"Really? Why not?" I sigh and answer,"I like somebody else. Maybe if I didn't. Also if you didn't leave. Then maybe." He nods and says,"I just, I never forgot you." I laugh and say,"I didn't forget you either." He smiles and says,"But I never forgot my feelings. You always made me so happy." I smile and say,"We're still best friends. Nothing could even change that."

He nods and asks,"Well, you wanna go walk around?" I shrug and answer,"Sure, why not?" He smiles and we stand up. He sticks his hand out for me and I take it. We let go after a few steps and we walk side by side. We walk a few blocks until we get to the street the house is on.

I say,"Walk me to the front door, will you?" Alec nods and we link arms. We walk to the door and I ring the doorbell. He smiles at me and kisses my cheek. I smile and say,"I'll see you again soon?" He nods and that's when I hear a cough. I turn to face the door and see Alex standing there. Alec says,"Yeah, I'll see you." I nod and he walks away.

I step inside with Alex and he slams the door. I look at him weirdly and say,"Calm down. You might break the door." He glares at me and asks,"What was that?" "What?" I ask.

"You know."

"Not really."

"That kiss!"

"It was just a friendly one."

"Yeah sure."

"It wasn't like we were making out."

"You could have been."

"It was just on the cheek."

"You could've been doing something else before I opened the door."

"Alex just shut up, please. It didn't mean anything."

"Sure it didn't"

"It's not like I have a boyfriend, and it was just a friendly kiss on the cheek! It's not like I'm cheating anyways."

Alex glares at me for a while and then sighs. He says,"Sorry. I just really like you and I don't know." I smile and hug him tightly. When I pull away I say,"Alex, you have nothing to worry about." He smiles and next thing I know, he plants his lips on mine and we're kissing.

He pulls away and apologises. I smile and say,"It's fine." We just look at each other for a while and then I see Sub over Alex's shoulder. I frown and say,"I'll be in my room." Alex looks at me confused and sad, but I walk away. I walk past Sub and up the stairs, towards my room.

I hear footsteps behind me and when I turn around, I see Sub. I sigh and pull him into a hug. I don't know, I can't stay mad at Sub. Plus he was standing there with hope and sadness in his eyes. It's so adorable and he's my brother. He hugs back and whispers,"I'm sorry."

I pull away and say,"It's fine." He smiles and says,"You and Alex." I gasp and shake my head. He furrows his eyebrows and asks,"Why not?" I shrug and answer,"Neither asked yet, I guess." He seems confused and says,"But. Kiss."

I laugh and say,"It was just a kiss. It could've meant anything." Sub shakes his head and says,"You two like each other."

I smile and say,"Maybe." Sub sighs and I retreat back to my room. As soon as I collapse on my bed, somebody enters. I look up and see Alex. Before I can say anything, he asks,"Will you be my girlfriend?"