Chapter 5: Abandoned

A/N: Aye, here's another chapter. I hope you all like it, and it looks like it's time for all to begin. This chapter is unedited, so please excuse any grammatical errors. As always happy reading lovelies 😁😁

Marissa's Pov

I wake up to the pitter patter of small feet running through the apartment. Groggily I slowly get up from the couch, the past day's events catching up to me. I slowly let everything officially sink in, my heart breaking at the thought that I lost an amazing man over a man who isn't worth my time.

Why does my heart have to be so stubborn? What should I do? Should I take him up on his offer? Should I give Hyeon and Yuki a full family, even though Yoongi and I aren't together romantically anymore?

Hyeon clashes into my leg, waking me up from my thoughts. I look down at the young child who has fallen on his button, giggling slightly at his confused look. I crouch down, picking up as I check to see if he's okay. When he runs off as if nothing has happened, I deem him perfectly okay.

I go to the kitchen, looking at the time to see that it's already 6 in the evening. Sighing out loud I decide to just order pizza for the night. I return to the living room to see Taehyung with Jungkook and the others there.

I smile at them as I sit on the sofa. I'm glad I gave Kookie a spare key because they come at the right times. I allow my stress to show on my face. Everyone's smiles falter when they notice my timid form.

"What has you all beaten up," Jin questions with his ever so caring tone. The sides of my lips curl up when he asks because he always shows concern for his friends.

"It's Yoongi," I confess. They all shared worried glances with one another before turning their gazes back towards me. "He wants me to move in with him." My voice came out as a whisper. I know they're all going to freak out.

"Are you insane," Taehyung shouts which makes me flinch back. I look to the ground in guilt.

"Why would you even remotely consider living with him," Jungkook questions.

I look to both Tae and Kookie, my heart dropping when I see their concerned yet hurt expressions. "I am only considering it because of what he said," I reply to them.

"And what is that exactly," Jackson asks, seeming quite annoyed.

I take a deep sigh before continuing. "You see, he said it's so Hyeon could experience having both parents around all the time." They all look at me, their jaws dropping. I look away, afraid of what they're all going to say.

"It's your decision to make, just tread carefully if you decide to go live with him," Henry calmly speaks up. I look to them all, relieved that they understand the situation at hand.

I nod my head in understanding. I know I have to tread carefully. I can't become vulnerable around him.

"There's one more thing," I pipe up. They all look to me once again, urging for me to continue. "Hakyeon and I have decided to break up. He said that I'm only hurting myself if I stay with someone I'm not meant to be with." When it finally sinks in that he had left me, my heart breaks even more.

I thought I would be okay if this ever happened, but I'm really not. He was so patient with me. He showed me time and time again how much he had cared for me, yet I destroyed that. I let one man back into my life and he's the reason my other happiness had walked out on me. I have realized this too late, but I did love Hakyeon, more than I had made myself to believe.