Chapter 15: Run

A/N: Yikes, a month of no updates. I apologize my dear readers. I promise to try and be better at updating. As of now, here is an unedited chapter. Happy reading lovelies 😁😁

3rd Person's Pov

She was laying in his arms. That's where she felt the safest. All the world's troubles seemed to have dissipated when his arms were wrapped tightly around her.

"Are you sure you want me to hold you still," he asked, hurt lacing his voice. He didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable in the slightest.

"You're the only one who can protect me right," was her simple response to his question, to which she wasn't lying. No matter what the two have been through, hehad always protected the female that's cradled in his arms.

"I know that, but everything that's been happening to you is because of me. I'm the cause of your depression and anxiety." He was hurting seeing her hurting. Did he mess up? Yes, majorly, but that doesn't mean she loves him any less.

"Yoongi," she speaks up after a short silence had fallen between the two.

"Hm," he hummed in response.

"What am I to you?"

The question hung in the air, suffocating the two of them. Indeed, what did she mean to the male holding her. She needed to know if her slowly opening her heart again to him was the right thing. She didn't want to be wasting her time on someone who didn't care for her.

"You're someone really special to me, I can promise you that much," he finally replied, easing her worry a little bit. They didn't know where to go from there though. They didn't know if they should try dating again or even get remarried. She didn't want to go through the heartbreak of losing him all over again.

"Then what are you going to do about it? Are we just going to continue to hold feelings for each other without doing anything about it or are we going to hop into another relationship?" Her heart was thumping in her chest. She was hoping he'd choose the latter, she wants to give them one more chance.

Everything they have been through, it's too much to just let go. They have a child together, so they need to work something out. Her heart, no matter how hard she had tried, still belonged to the man holding her in his arms.

"Go out with me once more. I'll do everything right this time around." She looked into his hopeful eyes, her own reflecting relief and calm in them.

"I guess we can," She whispered lightly. They both stared into the others eyes for a long period of time.

To them, it was as if time had stopped. The world around them was insignificant, for they both were in their own world. Everything around them didn't matter. It was just the two of them frozen in a world full motion.

He leaned closer, bringing his face close to hers. She closed her eyes loosely, anticipating what's to come. Her heart was drumming in her chest. She hasn't felt like this since he had proposed to her.

He connected their lips, slowly moving his against her soft ones. She reciprocated the actions, kissing him back. Sparks flew in the air for both of them. The love they held for the other was still there. It hasn't disappeared for either one of them.

He pulled away from the kiss, looking into the flushed face of the shy girl still in his arms. "Marissa, I'm a fool and I know that, but this fool does love you. This time around I'm going to do everything right and still ensure your safety until this is all over." His response hung in the air, swirling around her head as she processed it.