Chapter 7: So it Begins

A/N: Here's another chapter, and things are now starting to get interesting. This chapter will somewhat explain Hoseok's and Namjoon's actions. This chapter is unedited, so please excuse any grammatical errors. As always, happy reading lovelies 😁😁

Namjoon's Pov

I tap my finer on car door in frustration. I look to see Henry hugging Jin from behind as they are in a café ordering some food. The same exact café that I had proposed to him at. Some may think that I didn't hold any feelings for him, but they are so wrong. I held a lot of feelings for him, and to see him happily married to someone else makes my blood boil.

Once I have Jin cornered I'll give him an ultimatum, one that he won't be able to refuse.

"Someone seems a bit tensed," Hobi speaks up as he eats his doughnut. I look over to him to see an amused look on his face.

"How can I not be," I mumble, looking back to the café. Jin looks over in my direction after they come out of the building. His eyes widen as he mouths Namjoon.

I smirk at him, knowing that he has seen me. This is going to be so much fun.

"Looks like he recognizes you, even with your now purple hair," Hoseok chimes in.

I ignore him, starting my car as I drive off to our hideout. I have to meet with Jonghyun today. Apparently he wants to discuss what we're supposed to do about Marissa.

In a way, I feel bad for her. She's caught in a crossfire that she doesn't belong in. She's just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"You know, I don't want to attack Marissa at all," Hoseok whispers. I look over to him once more to see a look of regret written on his face.

"I understand how you're feeling, I don't want to hurt her either. She has done nothing to deserve to be targeted," I grit my teeth. The only one we should be targeting is Yoongi, but Jimin's mother just had to offer so much money to Jonghyun so we could torture the girl to the point where she's going to beg for us to end her life.

That woman has always had it out for Marissa for some reason unbeknownst to us all. When people offer us money we can't turn them away sadly. This is one of the missions I wish we could turn them down.

"Let's hope that Yoongi has enough compassion to protect her, even if he had completely forgotten her," Hoseok whispers.

"That's all we can do at this point. Just hope that she'll be able to survive whatever is coming her way. Hope that she's able to withstand whatever threats are thrown at her. Hope that she doesn't give in too easily." My voice is dangerously low. I grip the steering wheel tightly, my knuckles turning white from how tight my grip is.

"You really do care for her huh?"

"You do too."

"I never said I didn't. She's been there for all of us. Even when we were in prison and we have betrayed her she still visited. It's sad really, she believes that we're being forced to do this."

I look straight ahead, not uttering a single word to him. In a way she's right. There's a reason as to why we're working alongside shinee. There's a reason to this all, but we can't tell anyone just yet. Even if they still hate us after we tell them our reasoning, it'll still be worth it in the end.

I sigh a breath that I didn't realize I was holding when I park the car in front of our hideout. With a timid form, I get out of the car and head into the building, Hoseok tailing closely behind me. We both walk through the empty corridors, our shoes echoing off the concrete. The musky air hit our lungs, making us gag a little.