Chapter 11: Renewing

A/N: Thank you for your patience, I know I haven't updated this book in a while, but here's another chapter. This chapter is semi-edited. As always, happyreading lovelies 😁😁

3rd Person's Pov

Henry sat on front of the black haired male, cleaning away at the cuts that were on his pale skin. The said boy winced and hissed at the stinging sensation on his cuts. He knew he deserved everything that was dished out to him. He knew he was the one at fault. He knew all of this was because of him.

In the other room, Marissa's head was laid on Jin's lap. She was now showered and refreshed with a small smile on her face.

Part of her was happy that Min Yoongi had actually remembered who she was, but part of her was also angry. All of what she had been through was for nothing. Her depression, her raising her son by herself, her having to fight to get by as a single mother, and her not being able to love anyone else because one person had held her heart.

To say she was disappointed would be an understatement. She didn't want to see his face right now. She didn't want to be around him. She was so pissed that her life was spiraling downwards because one man decided to trick her, he decided to lie to her.

She feels betrayed, lied to, and the worse of all, abandoned. The feeling of abandonment creeps it's way into her heart. She had never felt this feeling before, and she desperately wants it to go away. She doesn't want anything to do with it anymore.

"What's on your mind princess," Jin whispers when he notices the distress on her beautiful features. He lovingly ran his fingers through her long, wet curly hair. She closed her eyes loosely as she reveled in the feeling of his fingers in her hair.

If people didn't know that Jin was gay and married to Henry, they'd think that Marissa and Jin would be a couple. The way they look to one another and support the other really seemed like they really were a couple.

"Just why would he do it this way? Why would he lie about not remembering me? Why would he allow me to struggle to keep an apartment running while supporting my son? Just why," Marissa voice her concerns. They are finally out in the open, no more hidden feelings. She said it just how she wanted, but now she wants answers. She wants that closure that she's desperately grasping for like a kid would for a jar of cookies that was out of their reach.

Jin pulls her into his lap as he hugs her tightly, kissing the top of her head. This time, he didn't know what to say to calm her doubts. He was wondering the same things. He was in the same boat as the broken, fragile girl on his lap. He wanted nothing more than to give her a peace of mind, but he didn't know how to.

"I don't have the answers you're  looking for. I wish I did so I could end your internal strife and suffering. Your demeanor has changed immensely since you found out the truth," Jin states his opinion. He looks into the girl's eyes, his own reflecting her sadness.

His heart was breaking at the sight of her tears forming, light sniffling and whimpers could be heard emitting from her. Marissa was officially broken and there may not be a way to renew her, at least, that's the way she feels.

"You need to confront him at least. Talk to him and air your concerns, your feelings, and what you want from him. I already beat the shit out of him, and if he dares upset you even more I will be sure to have a grave ready for him," Jin states. The girl in his lap giggles through her tears at his words, earning a cheeky smile from the boy in front of her. He cupped her cheeks gently in his hands, wiping away her falling tears with the pads of his thumbs while smiling at her in the most sincere and gentle way possible.