Chapter 13: Reaching

A/N: Here is yet another chapter. This chapter is semi-edited, as always, happy reading lovelies 😁😁

Yoongi's Pov

I sit here being swallowed by my own thoughts, my own heartache. I know it's my fault, but the closer Marissa and Jin gets, the further apart we grow.

I feel as if one day there will be no more us, and that thought alone crushes me. I can't handle this pain. I wish it would go away. Why did I have to fall in love anyway? Why did I have to let her into my world just to consume my heart to the point that I want to die if I can't have her.

How long has it been since we've last spoken? My mind is in a haze. I don't know how to feel anymore. My whole body is numb, depression is my best friend. Depression is my only emotion that I allow myself to feel. I allow it to completely numb me, I have no more motivation to do anything anymore.

There have been so many times where I wanted to reach out for her. I wanted to rip her out of Jin's cuddles and cradle her myself. I wanted to be the one to whisper sweet words in her ear to calm her aching heart. I wanted to be the one who held her in her troubled times, yet I didn't even have the courage to face her. I am still unable to speak with her on a normal basis. I'm a useless coward, I know this, and she deserves someone better, but I can't let her go. I'm not able to watch her run into another man's arms as they love on her, that image alone makes me want to throw up.

The phone ringing wakes me from my wandering thoughts. I look to see who's calling me, sighing aloud before answering.

"Hello," I answer in half annoyance, half exhaustion. Everything has been taking a lot out of me lately.

"You sound like shit," Eric states. I roll my eyes at him, knowing fully well he can't see it. He's always like this, mocking me every chance he gets.

"And why are you calling me?"

"I have a warning for you." His tone suddenly went from playful to serious. I gulp, unsure of what he's about to say. Not just unsure, but afraid. He only becomes serious when there's real danger that's upon all of us.

"What's wrong? Who's being hurt now?" I can't stop my rapid heartbeat.

"Nobody yet, but Jonghyun is on the move. At this point, it's too late to move her. He has men at all airports, docks, and however else you could possibly move her out of the country. He knows she's still here in Korea, so I suggest you man up and talk to her. You all need a plan to keep her safe." My exhaustion has completely left my body. I can feel my face being drained of all blood. He's moving already, and there's not much time to make a plan that will keep all of us safe from his grasp.

"He really wants her that bad?" Anger. That's all I feel in this moment. I've been leaving Jonghyun alone in the past because he hadn't messed with me or my people for the longest, now he wants to target the one that means the world to me. He has a whole new side of me he hasn't seen, and that's my devil side. Some say he becomes worse than the devil, I can become worse than Jonghyun then, especially when you target my entire world.

My long time enemy is going to feel my wrath if he even remotely comes near her. I will be sure he'll see what it's like to be on the receiving end of being tortured to the point you'd want death, even then I won't give in to his pleas. I'll make him suffer for all he has done. I'll make sure he feels the pain of all those poor innocent victims that he had taken. He won't know what had hit him.