Chapter 14: Lessons

A/N: Here's another semi-edited chapter, so please excuse any grammatical errors. As always, happy reading lovelies 😁😁

Marissa's Pov

I open the front door to reveal a smirking Taehyung with a nervous Jungkook. Jungkook was blushing like crazy, which makes me wonder as to what happened on their way here. They entered the house, none of us speaking, is waiting for the others to arrive as well.

"You look like you're getting a little better," Taehyung observes. Jungkook slaps him in the back of the head, looking to me apologetically. I chuckle lightly at his comment, looking at Jungkook.

"It's okay Kookie, he's only making a truthful observation. To confirm your accusation, yes, I am getting better thanks to Jin and Henry," I state, looking between the two males.

They nod their heads in understanding, sitting on the loveseat together as I go into the kitchen to bring out some refreshments. My heart drums in my chest because I'm going to have to tell them of the threat I had received. I hate to bring up their old friends and what's going on, it's a touchy subject for everyone.

Namjoon has been over more frequently, eyeing me carefully each time. Something tells me he's up to something, but I know if I leave this house I would be in even more danger. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm a little more safe being here with Yoongi than I would be on my own. I just have to suck it up and deal with him, even if I dislike the idea of being in the same house as him.

With drinks in my hand, I saunter back into the living, smiling slightly to myself when I see Jungkook curled into Taehyung's side with Taehyung stroking Jungkook's hair. The way he looked at Jungkook was something out of a romance movie. You could see the love, the adoration he had for the younger male in his eyes. They truly were always meant to be, and I enjoyed watching the two of them interact so lovingly with one another.

Trying to keep quiet, I placed the drinks on cup holders on top of the coffee table that's sat in the middle of the furniture. They both jump up when they finally notice my presence.

"You almost gave me a heart attack," Jungkook pouts, making me look to him in amusement.

"Maybe if you weren't so snugged up into his side you would've noticed me," I tease as I stick my tongue out at him. Jungkook reciprocated the action, Taehyung looking between the both of us while shaking his head.

"Sometimes I really wonder how old you two are," Taehyung sighs out.

"She's the childish one," Jungkook whines. I laugh hysterically at them, them breaking out in laughter as well.

I wipe the tears out of my eyes from laughing so hard while clutching at my sides. They both start to straighten up as well once the laughter dies down, all of us having bright smiles on our faces.

I walk back into the kitchen to bring out some crackers and a variety of different cheeses, chips and different types of dips, and cookies. I chuckle to myself at the cookies, I'm going to have to tease him about that.

Carrying some of the items slowly, I finally have everything laid out on the table. The two males look at me with raised eyebrows as I sit in the armchair, heaving a sigh of contentment while laying my head back with my eyes closed.

"You're a bit excessive, don't you think," Taehyung asks after he looks at all of the snacks displayed before him.

"We have other guests coming," I say without opening my eyes to look at them.

"Who else is coming over," Jungkook chimes in. I lift up my head looking to the boys.

"Well, we have Henry and Jin, you two, Yoongi, Jackson and Jaebum, and Jimin. I think that's a lot of people in my opinion. Plus, my two kids once their grandmother drops them back home." They look to me, shaking their heads.