Chapter 8: How it All Started

A/N: Aye, here I am with another chapter 2 days in a row. This chapter is italicized for the first half of it because it goes back to the first book where it's the day before they had to facedown with Got7. The second half, well you'll have to read to find out. Anyways, this chapter is unedited, so please excuse any grammatical errors. As always happy reading lovelies 😁😁

Namjoon's Pov

I overlook the group, seeing them smiling and as happy as can be while being worried as well. Today is the day before the showdown with Got7. I had just got done proposing to Jin, and I took him back home so we could just cuddle without any worries for the time being, but I am worried about something. Something completely different from what's happening tomorrow. Something that has to do with everyone's future and what may happen.

My heart aches when I think of the betrayal that I'm going to make him feel. The betrayal that I'm going to make each one of my friends feel. I look to the sleeping boy whose head is on my chest while soft snores escape those luscious plump lips of his. Those lips that I have become so addicted to. Those lips that I will never be able to live without.

I just lay there staring adoringly at the only man who has ever captured my heart. The only one I'm willing to do anything for, even if it means hurting the ones closest to us so long as he's safe.

The door creaks opened to reveal an awestruck Hoseok. He looks to us with a soft smile on his lips, beckoning me to follow him. I lightly lift Jin's head to place it on the pillow, careful not to wake him.

Making sure he's still soundly asleep, I follow Hoseok out to the yard, us going in complete silence. The tension in the air is strong. It's so thick between the two of us. This is where we make our decision on what we're going to do.

"It's funny isn't it," Hoseok chuckles out nervously. I look to the boy standing next to me. He's staring up at the night sky, tears threatening to fall out of his eyes. I follow his movements to stare at the starry night sky. It gives me a sense of calming. A sense of relief. It makes me feel as if there isn't anything wrong in the world, that there is an everlasting peace in this moment.

"What is," I query after neither one of us speaks up.

"The fact that we're going to become known as betrayers and most likely be hated by everyone, even our loved ones," Hoseok breathes out with a shaky breath.

"You can thank your no good girlfriend for that one," I scoff. Minho was behind it all along with Mrs.Park. They both had a part to play in all of this.

"I know, and I was foolish enough to fall in love with her. To think that she was so conniving hurts me."