Chapter 9: Battle within

A/N: Aye, here's another chapter. This is a little more on the emotional side in my opinion. I hope you all enjoy this chapter. It is unedited, so please excuse any grammatical errors. As always, happy reading lovelies 😁😁

Jimin's Pov

I look around to find Yoongi walking through the door. His exhausted form was clear to anyone who looked at him. His tired gaze meets my worried ones.

"Welcome home Yoongi," I cheerfully greet him in hopes that it can ease his tired mind. After he takes off his shoes he comes over to me, kissing my cheek lightly.

"Baby, I need to talk to you," He whispers. I can hear the strain in his voice as if he's struggling with what to say.

Even though what we're doing is fake, when he calls me cute pet names it's hard to not blush. I'd be lying if I said I didn't hold feelings for him, because I genuinely do. At first, I didn't, but they just gradually grew over time.

I nod my head to his statement, leading him to our room. We both sit on the bed as he looks to the floorboards. I place my hand on his leg to reassure him that he can tell me anything.

"Where do I even begin Jimin," He breathes out. I look at him to see the worry etched on his beautiful face. That look didn't belong on him. It didn't look good on him at all.

"Start from the beginning of your worries," I suggest. He looks to me, pecking me quickly on the lips.

"Okay, so first I found this note," He says, holding up a crumpled up paper. I gently take it from him as I open it to read it's contents.

I drop it to the floor after I'm done, going into complete shock. I'm unable to say anything. I look back at Yoongi, him nodding his head.

"I even confirmed it when I talked with Namjoon today," He says. The surprises keep coming left and right. I don't know what to make of it all.

"What do you mean?" I needed him to tell me fully what happened.

"I met with Namjoon today. We talked about the letter. He told me everything from how he had to betray us to how now he has to capture Marissa and bring her to Jonghyun. Jonghyun is not one to be messed with. He's a ruthless person and he loves to torture his enemies until they beg for death." I can hear the worry in his voice. I begin to worry too.

When is this woman going to ever get a break? Why is it always her? What has she ever done to anyone? This isn't fair to her.

"I also told Namjoon that I was faking my amnesia," He admits. This time he looks into my eyes as if he was sympathetic. I can't stand the look of sympathy. I know why he's looking at me that way too, it's because it's almost time to reveal to Marissa what all of this is about.

"Please don't give me that look, I hate it," I whisper out sadly. I want to cry because what we have now is so sweet and simple. I was in bliss with the time we spent together. I don't want it to end, but I also know that I'm not the one he needs. I'm not the one that belongs with him. I have to accept this fact, but why is it so hard to do so? Why is it too difficult to comprehend this truth?

"I'm sorry Jimin, but you do know that it's almost time right? What we had was great, I'll admit that. I'll also admit that I've grown quite fond of you as we spent more time together, but it's not you I belong with." His voice was low. He was feeling bad about it all.

"Don't be sorry. You know, apologizing when you're breaking it off with someone, even if it's fake, is a really bad habit? It makes the other person feel worthless and hopeless." I'm holding back my tears. I can't let him see me cry. I can't show my weakness to him. I just can't do that in front of him.