Chapter 10: Can I Trust You

A/N: Here I am with another chapter. I hope you all enjoy it and it is unedited. As always, happy reading lovelies 😁😁

Jin's Pov

"So, what you're telling me is that you made us all believe that you had amnesia?! You made your own wife go through horrid heartbreak and even nearly abandoned your own son for the sake of protecting them?! Either you're incredibly the most stupid person to ever walk this planet or you're insane? At this point, I don't know which it is," I growl through the receiver.

Yoongi had called me to explain everything that had happened. From the letter he found all those years ago to confessing that he faked his own amnesia and all the events that recently happened. I so desperately want to beat him until he realizes how stupidly he went about protecting Marissa.

My heart also ached a little knowing the reason why Namjoon did what he did, but I can't love him like I used to. My heart doesn't ache to be held by him anymore, it doesn't crave his touch. I had completely moved on from him.

"I heard it all already, from both Namjoon and Marissa," Yoongi whispers. I just shake my head as I stare at the phone incredulously.

"Well I hope you're prepared to hear about it more because I won't be the only one that's going to scold you about your own stupidity. Once everyone else finds out, they're going to destroy you, so I hope you're prepared for that."

I hear him heave a frustrated sigh. I can just imagine him sitting at his desk with his fingers rubbing his temples while leaning back in his chair and his eyes closed tightly. Some of it made me feel bad, but another part of me says he deserves to be this frustrated.

"Can you just come over and get Marissa out of bed? She's been frozen in the same spot for a couple of days now. She won't respond to me or even Jimin," Yoongi pleads desperately with me.

"How's Jimin taking everything?"

"He's heartbroken as well."

"I could've guessed that much. Yoongi, you toyed with his emotions when he had real feelings for you. You've hurt more than one party here. I don't know if this can be fixed this time."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean Marissa may never forgive you. You hurt her to the point it literally broke her. If she forgives you it'll be a miracle. I do have to say this, I'm rooting for you, but I'm also going to beat your ass for everything you had done."

He lets out a breathless chuckle. He's probably nervous at this point, and he very well should be. I can't believe he did this to us all. There are two people who are heartbroken in this.

"How do you know he's heartbroken?" I can hear the genuine concern in his voice. He cares for Jimin, but not in the way Jimin cares for him. There's a huge mess at hand, one that Yoongi has to fix himself.

"Because I have seen him. I've seen the way he slumps his shoulders as he walks into my house. The way he sits on my couch just blankly staring at the blank TV screen, swearing that he's fine when really he's not. I've seen the way he bit his lips each time to prevent the tears that desperately want to flow out of his eyes. The way he trembles as he holds himself back. Just his whole demeanor has been down when he tries to act as if nothing is wrong. You did that Min Yoongi, and you're the only one solely responsible," I whisper yell. I'm tired of seeing Jimin in that state, and now Marissa on top of it all isn't responding or moving. I'm so going to beat him to a pulp.