V - Bathing in Confusion

Earl POV

I sighed as we got out of the car. That young Anderson did not know when to shut up. He didn't stop bombarding me with questions that he knew I would not answer. It was also obvious that he hated Kane for a reason unknown to me.

I got him some equipment in case he wasn't used to the temperature and pressure of the underground room. Unfortunately, as Kane was leading the way down, Aaron continued to talk.

"Would you shut up even if it was for a second?" I cut him off royally annoyed.

"You called me here when I had important business to attend to. So, no," Aaron answered with a smile as he continued his pointless rambling.

As we approached the room, the temperature started to rise. Aaron had to take off his jacket and finished his bottle of water. And for a moment, I hoped that he would stop to save him some saliva.

As we reached the room, Kane entered first and Aaron followed. The young man looked around before approaching subject number two and three before observing them. As for Kane, he stayed at the entrance his arms crossed always staring at the same spot. He was really slow today...

"Okay, I have seen enough," stated Aaron out of nowhere.

I nodded and we walked back up and to my surprise, Aaron was silent. Not that I was complaining. We had to make multiple pauses before continuing because of the pressure changes. When Aaron and I finally walked out of the tunnel, Kane was already there waiting for us, still staring at... the car maybe?

"Are you okay?" I asked starting to really worry. "You have been daydreaming all day, what's wrong?"

"I'm fine... Is everything done?" he asked after a few minutes I asked my question.

I nodded and he went to the car. He was about to open it, but he fucking tore off the passenger's door!

As I ran to him and scold him about tearing off the door, I heard him swear, "Fuck, mar-thà?!" Before I could say anything, he turned to me. "Tha thu a 'dol a' chiad dà, bidh mi a 'ruith air ais."

"What did you say?" I asked worriedly not knowing what to do.

"You two go first, I will run back," he said after rubbing his eyes with his fingers.

"Tell me what's wrong," I ordered enough of being put in the dark.

"I just... Need some time to rest," he awkwardly answered.

"I said, tell me what's wrong. That's an order."

"I-I need to take a bath..." he answered faintly.

"A bath?! Wanting to take a bath made you tear off the car's fucking door?!" I answered furiously.

"A chemical bath... Body... can't..." he half-answered as he fell on his back not being able to stand.

I hurried to help him, "Okay, okay, tell me what you need for... Your bath."

Kane looked at Aaron and I felt his consciousness slip. I tried to tell him to stay awake, but his eyelids seemed so heavy.

The young man sighed, "Let's take him back, I'll tell you what is needed on our way back."

As Aaron sat on the passenger's seat, I tried to put Kane on the rear seats. He was so heavy! It was obvious that he was struggling to stay conscious. Why didn't he told me earlier about his condition?!

"Coming back from the tour, I have a favor to ask."

It was about that? I sighed as I started the car. I was about to have a headache. I couldn't afford to lose him, he was the only one awake after all.