XXXI - History Part 2

Kane POV

"You be a good boy and stay at home okay? Mommy and daddy are going to work."

"I will be good!" I smiled as they smiled back at me.

"Then we are going," daddy said before they closed the wooden front door behind them.

I ran to the window and watched my parents walk away. When I couldn't see them anymore, I ran to the door at the back of my house. I took the key they hid in a drawer and unlocked the door.

"Kaylee! Caleb!" I shouted loud enough so my friends could hear me.

A few seconds later, two heads popped out from the bushes not too far away from me. They smiled and both of them ran toward me. I stepped away from the door, so they could come in. When both of my friends are inside, I closed the door separating us from the rest of the world.

"Your parents left later than usual. Is everything alright?" Caleb asked making me frown, but I still nodded.

"Yup! What do you guys want to play today?" I clasped my hands behind me.

"What about hide-and-seek?" proposed Kaylee as she jumped up and down.

"But we played that yesterday," I whined.

"Yeah, and you keep winning. We can never find you," Caleb added.

"We play that tomorrow then!" she pouted making us nod.

"Deal!" Caleb and I said together.

"But still... What should we do?" Kaylee said after ten seconds of silence.

I was about to answer when someone pounded on the door startling all of us. Scared we went to hide behind the wooden table.

"Who is it?" asked Caleb as he looked around nervously.

"I don't know... No one usually knocks at the door since they think no one is home," I answered as I peeked at the door.

The pounding continued for a minute or so before it stopped. "Do you think they are gone?" asked Kaylee. "Should we look at the window?"

"No, if they are still here, they will definitely see us!" I whispered as straightened up when I heard a familiar sound. "Hide! Hide and don't come out!" I pushed my friends away.

"W-why?" Caleb asked nervously.

"You come with us," added Kaylee.

"I didn't lock the back door and I think someone is opening it. So go hide! I will join you guys soon. I promise."

They reluctantly crawled away as I stayed hidden behind the wooden door. A few minutes later, I heard some footsteps walking toward me. I put my hands on my head and curled up into a ball.

"Look what I found," said a deep voice before I felt someone touch my arm. I instinctively moved away as I looked up.

"W-who are you?" I asked as they smiled creepily.

"You are coming with us boy," he grabbed my arm as he lifted me up.

"N-no! My parents always said to not leave with strangers," I tried to pull my arm away, but he was too strong.

"Aren't you a good boy. Don't worry, your parents sold you. I am your new daddy."

"That's not true! They will never do that! They said they loved me! They love me! I have been good... I have been good..." I protested as I started to cry.