XXXIV - Problems

Earl POV

Sparring with these three guys looked exhausting. Individually they were incredulously strong and almost impossible to beat, but once they started to fight together their strength was completely on another level. I now understood why Aaron didn't stop screeching in my ears to be more careful. This was definitely something the army would want. Asking them to train my men was an incredible idea. If they could learn even a tiny percentage of what Kane, Drew and Sky knew, it would be a huge improvement. Being able to fight barehanded could be useful once we are disarmed or out of munitions.

But no matter the advantages that they brought with their presence, I can't help, but feel sorry for my men. Their training had started since early this morning and they are literally being destroyed. None of my men succeeded to land a blow on either of them. It was a sad show. Even Shelby had looked away, ashamed by our own men.

"Earl, do we have to keep this up? I am starting to get hungry," Kane yawned as he stepped away when someone from behind tried to punch him.

"I can't believe you. You keep destroying my men's moral and now you ask for food?" I scolded him with a glare.

"Wasn't that what you wanted?"

"I said to train and teach them some of your skills," I gritted my teeth. "You can at least put some effort into it like these two."

"Only if you give me that," he smirked as I could feel everyone confused glance on us.

"Fine, so hurry!"

Clicking my tongue, I continued to watch them from the sidelines. This time, Kane seemed to take this a little more seriously, but he hadn't shown the skills that he used when we were in Italy. He didn't even move, he was only standing there blocking the punches and kicks and only once in a while, he retaliated. Asking any more than this and some of these men may get killed. Since he couldn't understand how to be gentle. On the other hand, Drew had been fighting multiple people with his unique martial art moves. He seemed so light when he moved and yet his blows were strong and heavy. Unlike Kane arrogance, Drew seemed more humble, but I was convinced that he hadn't shown his true colours yet. As for Sky, she wasn't using a bow or small knives, but she was managing well. She didn't seem uncomfortable doing close combat. How many years did they polish their skills to attain such highs in their abilities?

"What do you think Shelby? Do we have someone who can at least land a blow on them?" I asked as I watched my brother shook his head.

"Their moves are so precise and fast. I doubt any normal human can fight them. They are just like robots, it is hard to believe that they are humans."

"I see, well there are no surprises here. Is Marc still in his cell?"

"Of course, I kept him alive for you after all."

"Did he say anything?" I asked as I folded my arms.

"Nothing, he had been incredibly docile," Shelby answered making me nod with a frown.

The fact that Marc betrayed me was a shock since he was so desperate to show his worth in front of me. He couldn't be bought by someone else, that was certain. So what on Earth could have made him change his mind?

"Let the men take a break. Kane, Drew and Sky come with me!" I called loudly as I headed back inside the mansion.

They followed me without a word, hell they weren't even panting after three hours of sparring. We slowly made our way to the lowest floor of the mansion. Because of my lack of presence in here, I had never been down there. At least, the elevator didn't look like it would collapse if we happen to move. Once we reached the last floor, three guards came to greet us. Everything was very old and the humidity was very high which explained why it was so cold down here. There were neon lights on the ceiling, but it was still very dark. Every wall was made of cement except for the bars that were made of metal. In short, it wasn't a very pleasant place to stay.