XXVIII - Revolution

Earl POV

Once I walked into the shop, the sale clerk was already on me. I glanced around and saw that Kane already had a suit in his hands and was heading to the cabins to try it out. Glancing back at the staff who was patiently waiting for me, I told him that I was looking for a traditional black and white suit. He asked for my size and went to fetch it. A few minutes later, he came back and told me to follow him. Fortunately for me, the man knew how to talk in English, so I also asked for a new pair of shoes and a tie for Kane and me.

He nodded before closing the dressing room door behind him. I examined the suit that was hanging on the wall and was satisfied with the quality. I tried it on before looking at my reflection. The man who was looking back at me wasn't the one that I needed to be. No one will ever take me seriously if I went there with those innocent eyes. So I straightened the suit up and closed my eyes for a second. I thought of the look my father gave to his men when he thought Shelby and I couldn't see him. Those were the eyes I needed. Slowly opening them, it wasn't a smile or gentle eyes that greeted me back, but a hard cold stare.

At the same time, someone knocked at the door and I went to open it. The sale's clerk looked up from the products I asked for. "Here are the tie and shoes that you requested, Sir," he politely said.

His tone didn't change or waver, but his hand, they were shaking when he handed the items to me. Good, that was the reaction I wanted when someone looked at me. I was ready, so that Italian guy was better to not toy with me or I'll have his life.

"Is he changed and ready?" I asked with a monotonous voice.

"Yes, he is waiting for you on the other side of the store."

"Get him for me," I waved him away.

"As you wish, Sir," he answered before walking back his way to get Kane for me.

I slipped into the new black shoes and put the tie on. When I finished, Kane was already in front of me. I stared at the man from head to toe. His suit was also all black and so was the shirt underneath it and his tie. Black suited the man.

Kane whistled as he started to walk around as if assessing me, "You look like a mob boss, but can you also act like one?" he raised an eyebrow as if challenging me which I didn't like. In fact, it was irritating me.

"Shut up and call Aaron to get his ass here," I answered back as I went to pay for the suits.

"Bossy, I like that, but how long can you keep the act?" he commented as he started to close the gap between us making me frown.

"Do I have to call Ashley?" I threatened knowing full well that he wouldn't like the idea and that I had to concentrate on my task which was to intimidate the hell out of the Italian. I didn't have time to play his games.

My bodyguard growled before walking away without further words. I paid the full price with my credit card and walked out of the shop as Kane was already holding the car's door open. I went in without giving him a glance and I gave the address to Aaron. As soon as everyone was in the vehicle, the driver pulled the car into the city's traffic.

"Anderson, you will also come with us. Remember, your sister's fate is in my hands," I warned him as we approached our destination. Then, I texted Ashley to be near in case the negotiations turned sour without Kane knowledge, of course.

Once we arrived, I waited for Aaron to open my door before heading to the entrance of the restaurant. Both men were following me as a middle-aged man asked for my name. Following Shelby instructions, I gave him the name of Leonardo Ferrari which made the man apologizing profusely for his ignorance. He led us to a private room that was on the second floor of the building. In front of a particular door, there were two men guarding it. Even under their clothes, I could clearly notice their guns. They were warning us.