XXXIII - Brother and Sister

Earl POV

I watched as everyone started to install the equipment for the event. Today was finally the day that we were going to awake the other two subjects. Since Kane will be with us, there will be fewer problems and misunderstandings for both parties.

Either than that... He was late! I even warned him yesterday about today. Everything will be delayed if he didn't show his face in less than ten minutes. Why couldn't he understand that he could be kidnapped by some kind of miracle and sold to the highest bidder? He may be immortal and have some superhuman strength and be talented with those daggers, but we shouldn't underestimate our enemies. We only had four days left.

Everything was finally ready, but Kane still hadn't arrived yet. Sighing, "It is decided, once I see him I will definitely punish him," I mumble to myself which made Heather look at me with a frown.

"Who are you going to punish?" she asked confusedly.

"It's nothing. Is Kane here yet?" I asked, but she shook her head in answer.

"I sent Marc to go look after him, but maybe they killed each other?"

"Why doesn't this surprise me?" I answer while nodding, but stopped when I realized something. "Marc, he came back? Wasn't he still in France??"

"No, he came back a few days ago, I thought you knew? What's wrong?"

"In his reports, it says that he is still in France. So, he was lying to me?" I gritted out before grabbing my phone out. We were supposed to have four days left. "Heather, I am going to the security room. I will be back soon, but do not start anything without me."

"Yes, Boss," she whispered in answer.

Fast walking out of the room, I made my way toward the security room as I called Shelby. Soon, he answered, "What can I do for you?"

"Remember what I discussed with you yesterday?" I asked seriously.

"Don't tell me that it just happened?"

"I am going to check it out, but have a background check on Marc, he was my bodyguard. Plus prepare the men. I should be there soon."

"I will call when I have more details."

"Good," I ended the call before pushing my phone back into my pant's pocket.

I knocked on the security room door and waited for someone to answer. When it opened, the man recognized me and let me in. I asked for them to pull me out the videos from the cameras that are at least one hour old. The guys showed multiple videos as I watched every single one of them. Soon, I finally saw the man I had been looking for. He was in the middle of a phone call and it seemed pretty heated since he looked pretty frustrated.

Then on another screen, I saw Kane walking in Marc direction. Since he was showing his back to the camera, I couldn't see his face, but I was certain that it was Kane. Soon, the two individual met each other. Before we could hear anything, the images started to blurry until we couldn't see nor hear anything. When everything was back to normal, Kane and Marc weren't there anymore. I couldn't any of them on any of the screens. The only answer was that they left the HQ.

It was confirmed, Marc had betrayed me. I will never let this go. Once I got my hands on him, I will make him regret ever betraying me. Fortunately, only Kane disappeared and the other two are still safe downstairs. Now that Kane wasn't here, I wondered if waking those two up was still a good thing? But if I tell them that their leader went missing, I wondered if that will motivate them to cooperate with us?