XXXVI - Obviously Obvious

Kane POV

"The orders are simple, fetch the twins and check if they know anything about the identity of their leader," Heather explained in the noise that the crowd was making while leaving the room. "For the success of our mission, we mustn't get noticed. Only do what is absolutely needed."

"How should we act? We can't all be the buyers," Drew stated making me nod.

I didn't think about that, "In that case, Drew, you'll be our slave. I will be that woman's husband," I suggested as Heather eyebrows raised high on her forehead.

"Drew, you don't have to if you're uncomfortable with it," Heather added as I could feel her guilt.

"Do not worry. I will do anything to get this mission completed. It will not be the first time since I had been a slave," Drew shrugged as he took off his cloak to reveal some simple black clothes. Then he took out a leather collar from his back pocket to put it on his neck.

It had been a few centuries since then, but it was true. Before successfully arriving at Rome, we were intercepted by some sketchy men, and they told us that they could give us a ride toward Rome. We could have swum through the ocean separating from our destination, but we still accepted. Thus, we were sold to some rich man, and we both became gladiators and for Sky, she became a maid of the household. Even as a slave, we only had one goal, so we killed many men in the arena to entertain the citizens of Rome before the Emperor and the crowd gave us freedom. It took us a few years, but we did make it.

"Then let's go," I finally said as I grabbed Heather's arm to put it around my own.

"H-hey what are you doing?" Heather protested as she was having difficulties following me. "And slow down a little!"

"Playing the role of husband and wife," I simply answered her more than an obvious question. "Is anything wrong with what I did?"

"N-no, but..." she blushed before looking down at her feet.

"But?" I sighed annoyed at the time we were losing on her hesitation.

"Boss has been gritting his teeth through the radio link since then. So, please let me go," she explained before adding under her breath, "That's so embarrassing."

I looked at her wide-eyed before a chuckle escaped, "I don't jealous my King. Tonight, I will make sure to remind you who I belong to," I teased as I spoke through the device in my ear.

As I waited for an answer, I heard Earl choke on something before yelling at us to go save the twins. I brushed him off by flirting with him as I saw Drew sigh before shrugging to Heather who was still a little flushed.

After a few minutes, we finally went to the counter to pay for our purchase. As planned it was Heather who will do all the talking. She gave the man her number before swiping Earl's credit card to pay the five million dollars. For sure, I will have my ass chewed since I could have bought them for way cheaper. I just wanted it to be over already. It wasn't like I didn't want to be here and obey my King, but obviously being in bed with him would be way better.

We followed the man to get the "slaves" we just bought. Both of them had their hands tied together and their necks were chained to a cell which they were sitting in. The man invited us to sit down as he claimed that someone wanted to meet us. As Heather and I sat down on a chair, Drew stood behind us with his head hanging low. He was playing his role pretty well even though he was the one who hated it the most back then.

"We would like to take a closer look at the merchandise we just bought," stated Heather rather authoritatively.

"Yes, of course, but they aren't tamed yet," the man answered nervously the end of his statement since the woman next to me had been glaring at him since he said the word "but".

"Don't worry, I will break these two like all the other slaves," she shrugged as she took the chain that the man was offering.

She tugged at it making both twins fall on their stomach. Surprisingly, they were still clothed as if they were just kidnapped. They weren't injured or traumatized at all. They still had that defiant glint in their eyes, not like the other slaves that were sold today.

I leaned down and took the sister's chin in between my fingers to take a look at her. She tried to pull away or bite my fingers or something, but I just squeezed harder. Then I leaned in to whisper a few things to her. She seemed to believe me because she immediately was more compliant.

We couldn't freely talk since that man had been eyeing us since the beginning. If only we could drive him away for a few minutes. I thought about a few possibilities until one popped into my mind.

"Slave," I called for Drew as I stood up.

"Master," he answered softly as he took a step closer to me.

"Go fetch me some water," I ordered dismissively.

"B-but..." he started making me slap him hard. "Y-yes master..."

Drew was about to walk out of the room when the man interfered, "I'm sorry Sir, but I was ordered to not let anyone leave the room."

"He's not a person, but an object, so there is no problem."

"But Sir-"

"Go with him if it can make you sleep at night," I dismissed him as I cut him mid-sentence.

Sighing, they both left leaving the four of us all alone. Without wasting a second, Heather whispered, "Please listen carefully, we don't have much time. Earl sent us to save you."

"Yes, I do remember you. You both were there the day of the conference," the brother said with a thick Russian accent. He must have been stressed out.

"Do you know why you had been put into the auction?" Heather asked as they both shook their heads.

"We didn't do anything suspicious, we even bought a slave to be convincing."

"Did you guys meet with their leader?"

"No, but we are certain that he was here tonight. Plus we talked to him and he has an accent... I think it was French," the Russian man explained making me frown.

A French accent? It would be too obvious. I heard from Earl that Aaron was nowhere to be found.

"Well, if it isn't a surprise," a familiar and annoying voice greeted us from behind.

Sometimes, the simplest things were the best solution. My King's enemy was Aaron Anderson.