Cake

Yuri's POV

'YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH' I internally screamed. She was coming back! I was upset when she left but I was glad she was happy. Apparently things didn't go the way she wanted and now she feels she would be happier here. I might have to take some time off training.

It's only a year now until I can be in the older age group for figure skating. This season already passed. I didn't quite make it to the grand prix final. I was really hard on myself for the first few weeks. Eventually I got over it and just let it be.

She is going to be here next week. We have a lot to get prepared. Oh yeah her room. The room we used as a office next to my room has a closet and a bathroom would become her room. My grandpa was getting to old to push furniture around so I had to do most of the moving while he went shopping so we could surprise (name) with her new room.

Sometimes I worry she will go back.

She might want to see her parents again.

Like when we were younger.

All she wanted to do was see her parents again.

I have practice during the time (name) arrives from the airport so Viktor volunteered to pick her up. (name) has met Viktor several times so she will recognize him.

Sometimes (name) would skate back and forth in a small corner of the rink while I practiced. She didn't want anyone to say she was taking up too much space or stealing the spotlight. And nobody ever did.

She had talent. I could just tell. I'm not sure how. She never did jumps. Said she was too scared of falling and getting hurt. I don't blame her. She's too pretty. Wouldn't want her to mess up her beautiful face by falling too hard on the ice. Not that that looks matter. I was suprised when she said she had taken up skating as a hobby in America and could do triple axels, lutzs, and salchows. She even landed a triple flip once.

Seems like she had gotten a lot of hobbies when she went back 'home'. Things she was scared of, like public speaking, she wasn't that scared of now. She had started a YouTube channel. I thought she would never do something like that. She's the kind of person that likes to stay in her shell around strangers and be crazy around friends. I guess it's different on the internet.

We had friends. Not many though. It wasn't just us. There were about 4 others. The reason I say 'had' is because I don't go to school anymore because of my skating career and I lost those friends. I stopped going to school around age 11. Then my career was getting serious and I had to practice 24/7.

Crash!

The noise startled me from my thought. My phone that I was holding had dropped on the floor.

But at least now I have an idea. And it involves cake.