Treehouse

This week has gone by pretty fast.  The Rostelecom cup is two weeks away and Yuri is practicing like crazy. He has today off to make sure he isn't working too hard. 

I was lying on my bed scrolling through my tumblr when there was a knock on my door. 

I opened the door. There was Yuri. All he said was follow me. 

He led me out the apartment door, down the elevator, and into the small yard behind the apartment building where children who live here can play. 

In the corner of the small yard was a huge tree, in which was a small treehouse that we used to play in with our friends. I had nearly forgotten about it for the past few years. 

The owner of the apartments never checked on the old treehouse or cleaned it up, so we did whatever we wanted with it. Most the people that lived in the apartments were elderly so we had it all to ourselves. We would draw pictures on the wood. There was a pulley so we could bring items, like food, up. Somehow we managed to bring up an old purple couch. 

We both went up the small ladder, that had molded with time. When we reached the top I saw there was a few rusted pop cans, but other than that it was exactly the same. Memories started to flood back. Both good and bad. Once I had nearly fallen out of the window but my friend Heather grabbed my foot just in time. 

I snapped back to the present when I realized Yuri was staring at me. 

"Done reminiscing?" He said sarcastically.

"Shut up potato."

I sat on the couch and realized behind it there was now a small table with a box of muffins on it. I put my phone next to the muffins, screen up.

Yuri took the muffins from behind the couch, took one, then handed the box to me.

"You did bring the box up here right?" I asked, unsure if they were drugged or something.

"Duh. Nobody besides us has been up here in 5 years."

"Fair enough."

Ten minutes of silence passed. We both finished eating our muffins. 

Ding

My phone screen lit up. A notification that I didn't bother to look at. I saw Yuri quickly glance at my phone then look away, staring at the floor. 

Yuri's POV

What. The. Actual. Frick.

A wattpad notification. 

Yuri Plisetsky x reader. 

I knew these existed but I didn't think (name) would read them. 

Whatever. In the past week I have barely seen her at all because of practice. I felt lonely and sad. Even when we weren't talking she was always there, looking out for me and cheering me on. 

It was getting late and the sun was setting. 

(Name) turned to me to say something.  I thought was 'Do it already idiot. She likes you.'

And I did. I kissed her.