Chapter 1: Flashback

Macy's Pov

I look at Clay's statue one last time before we go to battle. I can't help but think about the reason he left without saying goodbye. Ok...I won't lie...I miss him; I miss him soo much. Every time I remember what had happened, guilt hits me like a ton of bricks. I was too focused on saving my mum that I lost a boy extremely close to me. He was my best friend ever since we were 12 years old.I still remember the day we met 4 years ago.

*flashback*

It was my first day at Knight's Academy. When I stepped in, a burst of worry blew at me like an oven. I had just remembered that this was a public school- not a sad,boring and stressful private one my dad had been rambling about.
After all, I am the princess. I hoped that the new friends I will make will like me for who I am- not for someone I'm going to be when I'm older. I was too lost in thought when I bumped into a boy with spiky fawn brown hair and night blue eyes.
"Oh no! I'm soo sorry! Clumsy me I guess..." said the stranger.
"No no no! It was my fault;don't worry about it. I was just not looking where I was going that's all."I said, looking at him.
He stared at me kindly and got out his hand to shake mine. I shook it gently,trying to act normal.
"The name's Clay,by the way. What's yours?"he asked.
"Oh um my name? Umm...it's...uhhhh..."
"It's...uhhh...what?" Clay joked.
"Macy. Macy Halbert. A.k.a the royal-" I sighed, "Princess."
I expected him to wear a shocked look on his face but instead he looked at me with a warm smile which gave me minor butterflies.
"You expected me to be shocked, right?"
"Umm...yeah?"
He laughed, "I don't mind if you're a princess or not a princess, Macy. You are who you want to be, right? It's not my priority to judge you in any way."
I giggled.
"Wanna get to class?" I said.
"Sure."Clay replied.

*end of flashback*

Enough flash backing, I thought. We need to get to work. I grabbed my mace and headed towards the battlefield.