Chapter 48: Grief

Macy's POV

I heard fast footsteps heading down the cobble stairs. I looked at the window to see Clay running away with tears flooding his eyes. Did I really hurt him? I stepped out after an hour as I rushed to the castle.
I ran to my room, slamming the door immediately.
I heard a knock soon after.
"Sweetie, it's me, your mother. I'm coming in."
She opened the door as she sat beside me on my bed.
I didn't look at her. I was too upset to be speaking at that point.
"I'm sorry about Clay,Macy. You love him right?"
I slowly nodded.
"That means you would do anything for him, even if it includes him being killed. I bet he would've wanted the same. We tried our best but Latum got the best of us. It's our duty to protect our kingdom. When you become queen you will understand."
I wanted to scream, to get the nearest weapon and hit something but I was too tired of life to do so.
"What I am saying is, you need to accept he won't be coming back. You'll find someone new, I promise." Mum said as she hugged me.
"Thanks, mum." I said as she left.

A/n: 5 stages of grief, much?
Also, this story is coming to an end but if u guys wish, I can make more CLAYCY stories in this book or another. It's up to you to decide!
👍🏼