Chapter 3: Macy's thoughts

Macy's POV
Nothing interesting happened during the fight, just the usual: We charge, stupid rock monsters attack, we scan our NEXO powers but it doesn't work because our technology is rubbish and outdated,we improvise, they retreat and then Aaron plays annoying tunes on his power bow to celebrate, not even caring to prepare for the next fight. Sometimes I wonder why Clay chose him to be our new leader. I graduated 2nd in Knight's academy so I should be the one who gets the role. Clay could have chose a girl who strives to do her best as a knight whilst keeping her priorities as a princess intact, but he chose a person who says 'dude' and 'Yolo' way too much, flies around on his dangerous hover shield, rocking on his so called 'guitar' and cries far too much just because he has been sitting on a seat for 5 minutes. For real?! I don't believe that the reason why I couldn't be leader was because I was way too 'precious' to the kingdom. Clay would never do that. Right? He trusts me after all. We have been best friends for four years and he had always said that he would treat me like a normal person. I just...I just don't know anymore.All I'm asking is for him to come back to us, come back to me so that he can tell me the truth. It's just not the same without him.
Or is it not the same just for me?