Chapter 2

KELLI'S POV

The show went great. Billy and I said the right lines, we got to hug in a scene, but as siblings, and we looked each other in the eyes the whole time. I thiiiiiinnnnk he likes me. I was walking home until I heard a familiar voice, a scream. Billy. I hesitated and ran toward the echo of his voice. I found him in an alley cornered by two guys. The guys were kicking him and punching him and yelling out, "Gimme yo money, you puny-rich scumbag!" I had to do something, I ran to one guy and bit his hand when it went up, i'm pretty sure he was about to go in for a punch. I kind of regret biting his dirty hand. Ugh. He screamed and slapped me across the face. That was gonna leave a mark. Both of the guys gave up on Billy and came to me. My whole body was numb from the kicking and punching, all i could see is a blur of Billy's face and his mouthing which I could read. I'm pretty sure he was yelling for help and telling the mugglers to stop.

BILLY'S POV

After the show, I was walking towards 7Eleven to get some snacks. While I was walking towards 7Eleven, I could tell there were two men behind me, but I thought they were just going to 7Eleven too. I was about five minutes away from the store until someone pulled me back. The two men. They pulled me to an alley and started threatening me if I don't give them money. I kept refusing and then I saw the one of the guys lift his leg up then sooner or later, I heard my rib cage crack. Damn it, soccer cleats. Who the hell wears soccer cleats on a regular day? I screamed and then they started to abuse me some more. Can't the 7Eleven people hear me? It's only five minutes away. I mean, I bet Texas could hear me screaming, and I'm in Los Angeles. I was about to give up and die until I saw an angel. Kelli. I had a tiny bounce and tried to yell out to Kelli and tell her to not come close. She came towards the guy and bit his hand. Then I heard a clap. Sooner or later, I saw Kelli on the ground, bleeding, and crying. I yelled for help and grabbed to guy's leg, but he kicked my stomache. I still had a little strength, but not enough to stop the mugglers. They were huge. I grabbed for my phone and called 911. I finally heard sirens around the building. I looked around and saw Kelli on the concrete, her eyes shut, blood coming from her head and face. She saved me. I'm such a girl. This was my fault, if it wasn't for me, Kelli wouldn't be half-dead. I had the strength to get up and run toward Kelli. I knelt down and started to cry. She was breathing, just knocked out.

The police drove Kelli and I to my house. I carried Kelli to the guest room and cleaned the blood off her with a wet cloth. I sat on the bed nest to and stared at her for a long time and the more I stared, the more beautiful she became. Even with the bruises and scars on her face. She was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I want to make her day a good one everytime she sees me, I want her to feel chills when I say hi, a single high five, or even when I look at her and she notices. Too bad she probably doesn't feel the same about me.