Chapter 6

BILLY'S POV

I waited for Kelli for hours as the doctors performed surgery on her. I was still crying wondering what might happen. I called Kelli's parents, but they were in Washington and there was no way they could come because there was a huge snow storm. They might be back in two days. Kelli's mom started to sound weak as soon as I told her we're in the hospital. I felt bad. Not bad, I felt like a traitor. I left Kelli hanging and worried, now I get the consequences. Well damn. Kelli saved my life by a bunch of thugs and didn't get to save her, twice. My head was starting to hurt and my cheeks started to burn from all the crying. Usually I get sleepy when I cry, it's not like I cry or anything, pfffttt. Anyways, for some reason I'm not tired or exhausted. Maybe because it's Kelli. Maybe because I really like her. I can never get tired of thinking of her or hearing anything, ANYTHING about Kelli. But if I really felt that way, why did I stop to get coffee with Stella? For some reason I couldn't stop thinking about her either. I mean, I kinda like her, but I'm mad crazy about Kelli. But if I really like Kelli, I wouldn't stop thinking about her for a minute and think about some girl. I laid my head back and closed my eyes. *sigh*

~ONE HOUR LATER~

"Excuse me? Sir? Sir?"

I opened my eyes and saw a bald old man. "Uh, yes?" I got up with a bounce and felt something wet and lumpy on my shoulder. Drool. "Hi, I'm Dr. Eversman. I'm the one who performed surgery on Kelli Berglund."

"Oh, uh, right. How is she by the way?" 

"I can't give information unless I ask you a few questions."

"Ok, go."

"What is your name?"

"Billy. Billy Unger."

"How old are you?"

"19."

"What is your relationship with Kelli? Are you her brother, obviously no. Your last name is Unger, hahahaha... Are you her boyfriend? Cousin? Co-worker?"

I hesitated. That question sorta haunts me. Heat ran through my body for no reason. Are Kelli and I dating? Why am I making such a huge deal of this? I mean, Kelli and I were making out a few hours ago, but.. she saw me and Stella. What will she think of me now? 

"I'm her boyfriend." I spit out.

KELLI'S POV

I woke up hesitantly. I was dizzy and bruised and bloody. What happened? The doors bust opened and a boy came rushing in. His eyes were red, his face was sweaty, he was panting and then he started to cry. 

"Kelli?" the boy said.

"Yea?"

The boy came running to me and hugged me. Who is this guy? Why is he hugging me? I'm getting totally uncomfortable.

"Dude get off! You stranger."

*dramatic music*

"What? Kelli. It's me, Billy."

"I'm sorry, but I don't know you..Billy?"

There he goes crying again. Why is he crying? The doctor behind him touched his shoulder and pulled him away to talk to him.

BILLY'S POV

Dr.Eversman took me out of the room to talk to me.

"Son, I'm sorry. Kelli has lost most of her memory. She says she remembers her family, but that's all. I'm sorry. I think it would be best to leave her alone and be a stranger from now on." the doctor said.

I can't. Kelli doesn't remember me. I'm done. I'm crying again. I walked out of the hospital and went home.