Part-22

Sanskar-I told Kavi about us once she & I went back to Kolkata.She forgave me--said that "she understood if I needed to get one last fling out of my system before we settled down".

He laughed,an empty,hollow sound.A pained expression came over his face.

Sanskar-I wish things had been different.That u had been the one to forgive me & she'd been the one to walk away.😞
Swara-Don't say that.😕
Sanskar-It's true.I never stopped thinking about u.I tried to find u in Kolkata.I still thought about u,& I thought if I could get a chance to talk to u & explain,you'd understand.

She'd changed her number shortly after she left London bcoz her sister had decided to move to Mumbai with her husband & Swara had followed,seeking new opportunities.

Swara-Understand what?u made me the other woman.😳
Sanskar-That was never my intention.
Swara-What was ur intention,bcoz I don't understand.Why approach me when u had a gf?
Sanskar-I honestly don't know.I didn't think far enough ahead.I regret the way I handled things,but I couldn't let you walk away without meeting u.

The rawness in his voice reached out to her,made her insides quiver.

Sanskar-Afterwards,I decided to use whatever means necessary to hold onto u.
Swara-Even if it meant lying?
Sanskar-Yes.
Swara-That doesn't make u a very truthworthy person.
Sanskar-I'm telling u the truth now.

Swara looked away from the intensity of his gaze.Playing with a napkin on the tabletop,she berated herself for the bit joy that filled her with his words.
"I couldn't let u walk away😍".
Yet ge had.

Head held high,she'd walked away with as much dignity as she could.Once out of view,she'd taken off running down the sidewalk,uncaring of the stares of strangers & the tears streaming down her cheeks.She'd only know she had to get back to the hotel & the privacy of her room so she could manage the unbearable pain of seeing him with another woman & the realization that what they'd shared had been a lie.She'd never felt pain like befor or since.

Swara-U hurt me😯
Sanskar-I know.😔
Swara-Were u ever going to tell me?Or was what we did some dirty little secret?😢
Sanskar-It wasn't dirty.I swear to u.I planned to tell u.When I saw u on Sunday,outside my brother's appartment, I intended to tell to then,but I didn't get the chance.
Swara-How do I know you're telling me the truth now?
Sanskar-You don't.But it is the truth.I'll tell u the truth about anything.Just ask me.I know u have questions & I want to earn your trust.Ask me anything & I'll answer truthfully.
Swara-R u sure you want to do this?
Sanskar-Yes

Swara's fingers stilled on the napkin.

Swara-Did u love her?
Sanskar-The way I felt about her paled in comparision to the way I felt about u.
Swara-Answer the question.Were u in love with her when u slept with me?
Sanskar-It's a terrible thing to say,but no,I din't love her.I'd had my doubts before,but being with u made me realize that I didn't love her.I'd gone to London to make a decision about my life & my relationship with Kavi,& u helped me make it.

He took a deep breath,as if bracing himself.

Sanskar-What else?
Swara-You said u broke up,but...did u ever sleep with her again?

Precap-Questioning continues...😉😂

How was the part??

What do u think will be Sanskar's answer for Swara's last question?