Part-32

Part 32

Sanskar-Take it easy guys.😄
He stood back & watched the commercial movers wrangle the large conference table into the trailer of the moving truck.
Technically,his shop was closed on Saturdays,but he'd made an exception today.The law firm of Benson & Gates had requested the table for conference room.He'd also designed & created a matching credenza,as well as office furniture for one of the partners.They wanted everything moved into their new building over the weekend so as not to disrupt the office.

As much as he wanted the movers to hurry so he could get back to Swara,he didn't want them rushing & causing any damage to his product.He was proud of the pieces.He'd worked on them himself & they were some of his best work.

For the attorneys,money had been no object,so he'd imported genuine mahogani wood from South America through an importer with a reputable supplier.He'd polished the redish-brown surface of each piece to a high gleam excepted nothing except satisfaction--& hopefully refferals that would help grow his business.

15 minutes later,Sanskar leaned against his car & dialed Swara's number.He looked forward to hearing her voice & spending more time with her today.Except when he called,she didn't have the level of enthusiasm he expected when he suggested they meet up.

¤♡☆Swasan phone conversation¤♡☆

Swara-I have a million things to do.I have to find a car.It turns out mine is kaput.My mechanic said he'd love to keep taking my money,but he doesn't advice putting any more in the car,so I've got to start car shopping today.
Sanskar-I can help u with that.I can take u around.
Swara-There's no need.Months ago I created a spreadsheet with the different car options,& I pretty know which one I need to get.I've avoided going,but I'll visit a few dealerships today to see what they have in stock test drive the cars I'm interested in.Its nothing I can't do myself.

Her words disappoined him😞😕,but he tried not to let it bother him.He thought about how he'd left her that morning,sound asleep after a bout of passion love making.

Sanskar-I could come by tonight & we could take up where we left off I--
Swara-I'll probably be tired from car shopping,so tonight's not a good night.

He tried to come up with another reason to see her,but he suspected she'd have an excuse for why he couldn't.
Sanskar-What's going on,Swara?

The other end of the line remained silent.Finally,she let out a small breath.
Swara-Everything is moving so fast.

She was scared,which was understandable.Hell,the way he felt about her scared him,too.

Sanskar-What do u want to do?
Swara-Slow down.

His mind rejected that answer,& he swallowed the bitterness of it.
Sanskar-What does that mean?😠
Swara-I need little bit of space.It's too much too soon.

Sanskar stepped away from the car & paced the gravel yard.
Swara-R u there?
He stopped the restless movement.
Sanskar-Yeah,I'm there.
Swara-U understand,don't u?
Her voice sounded hesitant,& he could almost see the uncertainty in her eyes.
Sanskar-No,I don't but I don't want to crowd u.

More silence,which he didn't know how to fill with any meaningful words to convience her to change her mind.
Nothing would be gained by slowing down their relationship.Whatever she feared wouldn't disappear bcoz they didn't see each other today or tomorrow.

They "were" moving fast,& he recognized the unnaturalness of it for her.
She planned eveything & felt most comfortable doing things by the book.Ever since high school when she'd fallen in love with fashion,she'd been determined to to own a boutique & had taken the necessary steps to make sure that she not only achieved that goal,but she succeeded at it.

He,on the other hand,lived life by the seat of his pants.He'd vacillated in college,changing his major several times b4 settling on information systems,& then dropped out when he finally figured out where his passion lay.One minute he was in college,the next he was building furniture.One minute he lived in Kolkata,next he'd moved to Georgia to buy a business & start over.

Swara-Thank u for understanding.☺
Sanskar-I'm leaving town next Friday to go home to Kolkata.

He wanted to invite her to come with him,but she'd probably freak.
Sanskar-My baby sister's coming home for spring break & since I haven't been home for a while,I thought this would be a good time to go.
Swara-How long will u be gone?
Sanskar-A full week plus couple of days.
Swara-Okay.

She didn't have anything else to say?
For him a week without her sounded like a week in the desert without water.But for her,it was "okay".

Sanskar-I want to see u b4 I leave.This space u need,I'll give it to u,but don't expect me to disappear.

He'd let her go once& had never forgiven himself for it.She couldn't get rid of him that easily.
Swara-Sanskar--
Sanskar-I mean it.

¤♡☆¤♡☆¤♡☆♡Silence¤♡☆¤♡☆¤♡☆¤

Swara-All right.Look I better go.We can catch up later.
Sanskar-I'll be in touch.
Swara-Okay.

After they hung up,Sanskar stared off the distance,doing his best not to think about the disapponting conversation.
"Okay"
He hated that word.😠😡

How was the part?

#Monica