Part-27

Luckily,the flash lights of tow truck infilterated her closed lids & the moment was lost.Beside her,Sanskar shifted,& minutes later she gave the driver the adress to her mechanic's shop.

Sanskar asked her what she wanted to do,& for the 2nd time that night she hovered in indecision.She could accept the lift from Sanskar,but at what cost?
Finally,she decided she could handle him.The ride to her house wouldn't take long & then she could send him to his way & be done for the night.

Swara-All I need is a lift,Sanskar.
Sanskar-That's all I'm offering.

Taking a much needed breath,Swara followed Sanskar across the parking lot to his blue pickup car.

Sanskar-Ready??
He asked her after they put on their seat belts.She pulled the bottom of her dress down to cover her legs as much as she could.No need to give him any idea😉.Being inside the car filled her with nervous energy.This heightened awareness of him signaled danger.She stayed clos to the door so she couldn't smell him or be tempted to touch.
Swara-Yes.
Neither of them said much as Sanskar drove the car toward Swara's home in Badi.

She sat with her arms crossed,staring outside the window,when the vehicle became to slow down.To her surprise,Sanskar pulled into the parking lot of a Krispy Kreme doughnut shop.

Swara-What r u doing?
Sanskar-I'm getting doughnuts.
He got in line behind 2 vehicles.
Swara-Is this really necessary?
He looked calmly at her.
Sanskar-It won't take long.This is something I do sometimes after I leave work late.Thanks to u,I'm helplessly drawn to the "Hot Now" sign.
He looked anything but helpless.

The flashing red sign alerted passerby that the glazed doughnuts--the signature item--were hot & freshly made.
Swara stared at it since it was significantly less dangerous than looking at him.

Her stomach tightened as she remembered stopping at the shore near Michigan Avenue & insisting he try one.They'd shamelessly gone through the box in the hotel room.When the last doughnut remained,they'd playfully fought over that.

He'd been stronger & pinned her to the bed,but he offered to let her have it in exchange for a kiss😉.They'd then spent the next hour making love,💑the padtry completely forgotten💏.

Once Sanskar placed the ordered & paid,he pulled out of the parking lot.Holding out the green & white box.

Sanskar-U r welcome to have one.
Swara could almost taste the sweet confection melting on her tongue.

Swara-No,thanks.
Sanskar-Come on.U know u want one.U have just as bad of sweet tooth as I do.

As if his cajoling tone wasn't enough,he waved the box under her nose.
She smiled despite herself.

Swara-Fine,but only one.
Taking the box from him & opening it.6 freshly glazed doughnuts nestled against each other in the container.

Sanskar-Ya right..😉
He took one & shoved most of it into his mouth.
Swara-Slow down,you'll chock.
She shrugged.When he could speak.
Sanskar-I've been hooked on them ever since that day we had in London.I swear they lace this things with crack.Thats how they get u.
Swara-I wouldn't doubt it ( she giggled).😁

He reached for another one & they ate in comfortable silence for few minutes while the car rolled slowly along the long road.When she finished the 1st one,Swara sleepishly pulled another from the box.

Swara-I don't want them to go to waste (she explained😂😃)
Sanskar-You're a martyr.(said with amusement)

They smiled at each other & Swara felt warmth in her chest.She didn't want that feeling.It meant she was getting comfortable with him.
It meant she was enjoying spending time with him.