Chapter 19: Alpha's Truth

•Nickolas' POV•

I stood outside talking to myself, convincing myself that I had to tell her the truth.. I knocked on the door a couple times before Jay opened it.. He said nothing, he just let me in as he came out.. I guess Trish's silence is affecting everyone, even my pack.. I went up to her room and knocked before entering.. She was on her bed reading a book.. She was in her usual blue sweats.. She looked at me with concern, I locked the door and sat beside her..

"I need to tell you something.." I stated..

She sat up.. "What??"

"Its about what Kevin said.."

"That he loves me?"

"Yeah.." I whispered..

"Then explain, I want to know everything.. And I mean everything.." She got her teddy and hugged him as she listened..

"Before you came in my life, couple years back.. Kevin was the first to find his mate.."

"I thought he didn't find his mate yet.. So what happened to her??"

"She died.. His entire family died because of my dad.." I said replaying the scene in my head..

"Your dad??"

"Yep.. Kevin's mom died giving birth to him.. His dad couldn't handle it.. Losing a mate is like losing your entire world.." I explained..

"I know.."

"His dad didn't have a reason to live anymore, but then a witch, some evil witch promised him-"

"Really?? Evil witch promise him that she'll bring back his mate?? This ain't Disney Nick!"

"Interrupt me again and I'll throw you all the way to Disney land.." I said sternly, but playfully.. She giggled..
"But yes, the evil witch promise that he'll get his mate back if he killed the alpha, which was my dad.."

"And??"

"And he tried killing my dad, but my dad was too strong for him.. So Kevin's dad became a rogue.. The evil witch had a daughter which would play around the pack house from time to time without her mother knowing.."

"The name of the child is??"

"Angel, surprisingly since she was an annoying brat.." Trish chuckled at my comment..

"What happened, continue.."

"OK, so.. Kevin and Angel grew up liking each other.."

"Wait.. If his mom died giving birth and dad was a rogue.. Who took care of him??"

"My parents.. Anyways, before I was interrupted for the millionth time.. I was saying us werewolves normally have a chance of finding our mate by the time we are sixteen.." I stated..

"On Kevin's sixteenth birthday, he found out that Angel was his mate??" Trish asked..

"Can you at least pretend that you're not analyzing what am saying and just act as if you're clueless about what's gonna happen.." I complained..

"Sorry.."

"But yes, Angel was his mate.. Kevin's dad found out about this somehow and asked Angel to make Kevin betray our pack.. Soon a war started between the rogues and my pack.. Kevin was stuck in the middle of it all, couldn't decide if he should help us or them.."

"Poor Kev.."

"Mhmm, Kevin decided that he would help the pack and went to find my dad.. My dad and Kevin's dad were deep in the woods fighting, while my mom and the witch were fighting.. Kevin stood there before helping my mom kill the witch.. Angel was upset and she attacked Kevin, but he had no choice but to kill her as well.."

"So he lost his purpose to live I guess??"

"No, he didn't mate with her yet.. So he wasn't hurt that badly.."

"What about his dad??"

"Killed by my dad.. Kevin lost his only family by my father's hand.."

"Oh.. That still doesn't explain why he told me he loved me.."

"When I came back from New York, I realized Kevin was protective of you.."

"You told him to protect me with his life so, what did you expect??"

"I meant, he growled at me when I mentioned your name.. Every time we were together his eyes were black.. His wolf would be mad at me.. When he was around you, he kept by your side.. He even held you close, and my wolf didn't like that.. Ryder hated it."

"He was my friend Nick.. Your second beta.."

"I know, just listen.." I sighed, "I talked to him about it and he said a few weeks after spending time with you, he developed a crush.. But that wasn't the case.. He also said you guys went shopping and he was sick, but he didn't know what cause it.."

"Yeah, I remember.. He was hungry that's why.. As soon as he ate, he was back to normal.."

"No Trish.. He was being reborn.."

"Reborn?? I'm sure he looked the same as he did when I met him.. There was no woman giving birth to him again.." She said blankly..

"No.. Not baby born.. I mean, the moon goddess gave him a chance to find a different mate.."

"Oh.. But before he could, he died.."

"He...he found his mate.. He just couldn't have her.. You were his mate.."

"So I had three mates!"

"I asked Troy about  it, and it had to do with your witch power.. Ben is your mate, but he's the mate of your witch side.. Kevin was your mate, but for your human side.."

"But, where do you stand??"

"I get to have all of you.. Witch and human, that's why you feel more connected and safe with me.." She blushed as a smirk formed on my lips..

"But, I felt sparks with Ben and you.. Why not Kevin??"

"Because, you avoided it.. You told yourself it was nothing.. The Moon Goddess decides our faith, she knew Kevin's death was at hand, so she made you his mate, to complete him before he died.."

"I still don't know how he died.." She mumbled..

"I'm sorry.."

"For what?" She raised a perfect eye brow in confusion..

"During the fight, Kevin was trying to stop Ben and I from killing each other.. But he wasn't in his wolf form, so one thing led to the next when you stand between two alphas while they fight.."

"Especially if those two alphas knew they weren't the only ones.." She said upset as she looked at me with daring eyes..

"Our wolves were in control.. I hate myself for it.. But I can't bring him back.."

"You killed him!! You and Ben killed him!! Does anyone know?"

"The pack knows.. I guess, Kadine and yourself were the only ones who had no clue.." I said calmly..
"I'm sorry.. I didn't mean it, Ryder was out of control and I blame myself, but please don't hate me for this.." I plead..

"I know." Trish sighed out.. "I promised Kevin I would take care of the pack, and since the pack needs you, I guess that includes you.."

"I guess I found myself an understanding mate after all, just like what mom said.." She smiled a little..

"I haven't forgiving you Nick.. I'm just keeping my promise.."

Hopefully, she will forgive me one day.. I know inside she wants to scream at me and hate me, but she can't bring herself to do so, she can't hate me, not now when she's moving on..