3.

'Victoria!' my mother shrieked, 'get up! Your audition starts in an hour and you haven't even done you hair! Oh gosh, Victoria!' My mother was freaking out as I sleepily opened my eyes. I looked at the clock and cussed.

My mother was right, I should have been ready an hour ago. I got up as fast as I could and jumped in the shower. I washed myself with my favorite soap and washed my hair with shampoo and conditioner. I could only pray that it gave my hair the usual glance. Then I quickly dried myself and put on the outfit my mom luckily had hung up for me ages ago. Black jeans and a short red top hung in my closet and in two minutes were on my body. As my mother was getting the car keys, I grabbed a sandwich from the counter. My mom looked at me and then shook her head.

'Come on Victoria, there is no time for this right now. We have to be there in less than twenty minutes. I pray the traffic isn't as busy as usual.'

I sighed and threw the sandwich back on the counter and ran after my mom. I totally forgot that it was winter, until I stepped outside. I was lucky I had grabbed my long jacket when I ran out of the door, because this outfit wasn't suited for winter at all. My nails would've been blue if they weren't neatly painted in red.

After twenty minutes of cussing, we arrived at the studio. My mom basically parked the car in the middle of two parking spots and I slightly chuckled. She shot me a death glare and hooked her arm through mine.

'If you would've just set your alarm, we wouldn't have to hurry like this. This is the most important day of your career as a model Victoria, I hope you understand this.'

'How could I not? You've been preparing me for this ever since I started. Mother, I'm almost seventeen, I'm sure I am conscious enough to realize this is an important day.'

My mother looked at me and shook her head disapprovingly. 'If you were serious about this, you would have been responsible. For once,' she sneered.

I looked down and had to hold back from stopping right here and then and refusing to go any further. I only realized that if I did that, it would have been my loss, not my mother's.
We stepped into the huge building and walked to the reception. A woman with perfect hair and nails sat behind it, looking in the small mirror on her desk. She held a phone to her ear and held up a finger to let us know we had to wait. As my mother was getting annoyed, I decided to take my surroundings in.

The ceiling of the building was higher than I had ever seen. It was painted in blue, just like the other walls, yet each wall had a different shade. I looked around and saw a bord with 'Auditions this way' and nudged my mother. She looked at it and pushed me towards it. I slowly walked towards the other girls as my mother called me back. She ran towards me on her high heels, ever so gracefully.
'You forgot your portfolio.'

I blushed a bit and took it from her. Then I quickly walked back to the waiting room. When I walked in there, there were already six other girls seated. None of them really looked up at me besides this one girl. She shot me a smile and invited me to come sit next to her. I shyly smiled back and took the offer. As I sat down next to her she turned to me and stuck out her hand.

'Hey, I'm Ari.' I shook her hand and then pushed my coat off of my shoulders.

'Nice to meet you Ari, I'm Victoria.'

She smiled at then looked down at her hands. I followed her look and noticed that they were shaking, just like my hands always did. I debated on asking her about it, but decided against it. I barely knew the girl, I'm sure she didn't want strangers snooping in her business.

I sat down and relaxed a bit. My mother had told me all about this deal. If I got casted for the show, I would be on national television, walking in the newest outfits and that only at seventeen years old. The rules were simple, three of the seven girls in here would get picked for the next round. They had to do a photoshoot and out of the three, two would get picked for the show. It was a show in New York. It wasn't the most popular one, but this was a huge chance to be discovered since there would be a lot of scouts involved. My hands started to ache at the thought of me walking the catwalk in front of several scouts who could choose me, simple Victoria.
I got pulled out of my thoughts when a low male's voice called out my name.

'Victoria Sinclair?' I stood up and the man eyed me up and down, then nodded and opened the door for me.

'Come on in.' I picked my portfolio up and looked back at Ari, who shot me a thumbs up. She mouthed 'good luck' and then I turned around and walked through the door.