7.

My mother picked me up from school and didn't even look at me when I stepped into the car. I raised my eyebrows at her and then looked away out of the window.

'Good afternoon to you too, mother.'

She turned to me while driving and then focused back on the road. 'Don't give me that tone young lady. I know very well what you've been up to lately.'

I shook my head and sighed. 'What have I done this time?'

'You have been sneaking out of the house late in the evening to speak to Lizzy. I told you, that girl is no good for you. As an upcoming model you can't be caught doing stupid things. You need to grow up and be responsible, like Caitlyn always was.'

I swallowed loudly and looked at my hands. 'I don't know from who you've got this information, but it's false. I haven't seen Lizzy since the last time I came home late. Besides, whenever I get out of the house, it is to get away from you.'

My mother stopped the car and I noticed we were in the parking lot of the mall. She unclasped her belt and turned to me. 'You are so ungrateful,' she whispered. 'I do everything for you and you just want to get away from me?' I could hear the hurt in her voice, but as usual it was overpowered by her anger.

'Yes, because you can't seem to accept me the way I am. I am not Caitlyn. I am not your puppet either. I am my own person and you hold me on a leash. I can't take that anymore mother.' I turned away from her and opened the door. I looked at her through the window and sighed. Her hair was a mess and her eyes were red and puffy. Her hands were shaking and she shook her head over and over again. I knew these were the times I should stay by her side, but I also knew what that would mean for me.

Complete humiliation.

So instead of staying with her, I turned around and walked away. A sinking and disappointed feeling settled in my stomach, yet I decided to ignore it, like I always did. I didn't look where I was going, so as always I bumped into someone.

'Shit, I'm sorry!' I exclaimed and then looked at Mason, who stopped in his tracks to look at me too. I relaxed a bit and massaged my shoulder.

'Damn Mason, you've got a lot of muscle in those arms of you.'

Mason looked at me weirdly and closed his eyes. He then re-opened them and shook his head.

'Am I supposed to know you?'

My mouth fell open a bit and I nodded. 'The bench in the park, remember?'

He rubbed his neck and shook his head. 'Sorry, I don't remember you.'
His eyes suddenly turned darker and he stepped closer. 'But watch where you're going next time.' He looked at me up and down and smirked. 'Maybe if you wouldn't be so big, this wouldn't have happened.' Then he turned around and walked away. His walk was so confident; as if he just accomplished something.

I looked down at myself and shook my head. I shouldn't let the words of some stupid boy get to me. So, instead of breaking down, I rubbed my eyes, straightened my shoulders and looked to the front.

Mason could go fuck himself, because he wouldn't get me down.