Chapter 6

"NO, no way!" Jayce snaps at Jack who is unfazed at his sudden outburst

"Jayce as long as shes by my side, she'll be fine." Jack assures a very pissed off Jayce.

"Are you kidding?! No way is she sticking by your side." He stared down Jack as if he was sending a message from his mind. I don't know what was being passed but Jack got it.

"Fine, Zoe your with Nick and that's final" Jack gave in defeated by Jayce's stare down. Something is going on that they aren't telling me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright stick with me at all times. Let me do the talking and don't make eye contact. This isn't the place for girls like you, got it?" Nick lectures me for what feels like the tenth time.

"Yes dad" I grumble and he stops in mid step. Making me walk into his back since I was focused on kicking up the dirt.

"I mean it Zo please don't speak. Because your mouth will get you into trouble..."

"Alright, alright!"I pretended to zip my lips and tucked the imaginary key in my pocket of my jean shorts.

"Thank you" he hissed and continued to walk across the lot. We were currently at "The Lot" as they would call it. It's a parking lot full of tricked out cars and gangs with their side chicks. Drinking, blasting music, fighting, the usual gang stuff I guess? At least that's what Nick told me.

We approached two guys that was sitting at the edge of a truck bed, drinking beers.

"Nick haven't seen you here for awhile" the African American guy scowls at Nicks presence. I have to admit he was kinda hot, he looked around our age. His red v neck shirt tight around his biceps, He wore a black beanies, a dog tag necklace.

"Jordan." Nick responds, Jordan turns his focus towards me and flashes his million dollar smile, revealing dimples on each side.

"How've you been man?" He finally focuses back on Nick.

"Busy, you?" Nick runs his hand through his brown hair.

"Not much, what's on your mind? You look like shit man." Jordan's chuckles earning a sigh from nick. So I guess they're more friends then enemies.

"Have you seen the Hustlers? Are they here or..."

"No they haven't been here since last night. Why I thought you guys don't get along-"

"We don't but- they have my boss's sister. Also one of our gang members, so we're-"

"Ah I see, well three came last night arguing with those guys over there" Jordan nudges his head to the left. Making us look at a gang that looked very intimidating.

"Zoe stay here-" before he wondered off I quickly grabbed onto his arm and looked at him with fear in my eyes.

"You'll be fine, I trust him" he gestured to Jordan. With that he disappeared leaving me with the hot stranger.

"You his girl?" Jordan breaks the ice, and I simply shook my head." Let me guess Nick said you couldn't speak to anyone here?"

I smiled and nodded.

"He's an idiot, your fine to talk to me. If he finds out I'll deal with him." Making me smile even more. "So how'd you get mixed in all this? No offense but you look like you-"

"Belong here? Yeah well there gang member is my best friend. They took her from me."

"So that's how you met Nick through-"

"No, I got kidnapped by Jayce Calaway cause I stole from him." I shrugged it off like no big deal. But he thought otherwise and choked on his beer.

"Respect" he hands me his beer and I took a sip.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" Jayce crosses his arms across his chest furious.

"Um sitting with Jordan?" I said in a "duh" tone.

"You just don't listen do-"

"NO, Nick is over there talking to some guys! He told me to wait here because I should be close to those guys! So instead of accusing me why don't you fucking listen first?!"

"For an invisible girl you sure do talk a lot!" He snaps back. I jumped off the edge of the truck bed and pretended to zip my lips. I tucked the the key into his back pocket of his jeans.

"Where the hell is he?" I shrugged my shoulders pointed to my closed mouth.
I sat back down on next to Jordan who was amused of this whole situation.

"He's over there, man" Jordan points to the group of guys. Jayce rolls his eyes storming off.

"Damn, it makes sense now" Jordan says like he discovered something. I simply looked at him confused. "Why your still alive, normally Jayce gets rid of people he kidnaps. But you,your alive and I know why."

I cross my arms and raise an eye bro facing my body towards him.

"You guys have a thing."

I unzipped my lips," No we are not!"

"You gave the key to Jayce" he points his finger in my face. I smacked it away rolling my eyes.

"I have a spare and there isn't anything between us" I shook my head. "Anymore." I mumbled under my breath.

"AHA! So there was something! I'm so good at reading people." He smiles revealing his dimples again.

"No, I used to like him but not anymore. That's over now, I have a boyfriend" I cross my arms.

"Mhm, surrrrree yeah okay. Look, you think he doesn't like you but he does. No one is aloud to talk to him like that but you. Your special, so you don't have to make up a fake boyfriend."

"But I'm no-"

"Look just be careful okay? People would kill to be in your shoes, Literally."

"What do you-"

"Zoe cmon lets go" Jayce cuts me off in mid sentence.

"Wait hold on- what do you mean, kill-"

"Zoe now!" Jayce snaps, I let out a groan and hop off the edge.

I felt a hand grab mine turning me around. I felt a piece of paper in my hand as Jordan let's go and grabs my waist pulling towards him.

He whispers in my ear before letting my waist go. I smile at him and walked to Jayce's side.

"What the hell was that?!" Jayce stops me from walking.

"Invisible. Can't. Speak." I zipped my lips one last time.