Chapter 20

You have to be fearless and take chances. Don't live life fearing what comes next. That's not what living is about.

At least, that's what my mom told me when I was younger.

Currently Jayce and I are wondering in the mall. Because Jayce is a wanted man, he had to wear a SnapBack and a hoodie.

"This is it? This is all you do in the mall?" Jayce questions with the emotion of slight irritation in his voice.

"Do you doubt the amazing, Zoe Ford?" I place my hand over my heart. Pretending it really bothered me that he doesn't believe. "Patience young one."

He lets out a groan while rolling his eyes.

"Ah here we are!"

"I-Trampoline?" He reads the bright red lettered sign just above the entrance. "Why the hell are we here?"

"To jump, idiot!" I grabbed his hand and pulled him along with me inside. We was greeted by a woman who worked at the front desk.

Kids were running around, while music played throughout the building. Giant projection screens played on the massive wall, and finally the trampolines.

"Two please," I requested and she nods. She rung it up on the register and gave us two paper wrist bands to have while we jumped. "Thank you, here take it." I handed Jayce his band.

"Alright what do you want to do first? Dodgeball, foam pit, or the room of trampolines." The room of trampolines is where the floor is made of trampolines and the walls were too.

"Well obviously dodgeball so I can beat you," his million dollar smirk has appeared on his face. His sparkling blue eyes. His eyes are blue like the ocean, and baby I'm lost at sea.

"Pfft please, I'll crush you like a bug," I replied quickly showing that I wasn't fazed by his threat.

The floor was cleared for new players. There was a line built to show that's the border line. I had three other players on my team as did Jayce.

The balls laid still in the middle. Palms were sweaty, hearts were racing. Once that man blew the whistle, people jumped their way to the middle for the balls.

Jayce and another guy on his team got a ball. However, my team got one. I jumped in the back cautious of my surroundings.

"Nervous?" Jayce calls out with one of his famous smirks. His teammate threw the first ball hitting my teammate. "I think you should be."

I ran in front of my other team mate to retrieve the ball. But doing so Jayce threw the ball hitting her behind me.

"Damn it Jay!" I threw the ball and hit the guy behind Jayce.

"Missed!"

"Wasn't aiming for ya!" He turned his body to see his guy walking off the tramp.

"Shit!" He muttered while deciding wether or not he should get the ball that slid in the middle.

My team had one ball they had two. I held onto the ball waiting for him to make a move. His guy threw the ball at me, so I dropped down bouncing off the trampoline on my ass.