Chapter 16

Zoe POV

Grief opens a place in our hearts that we never knew could hurt so painfully. It doesn't get better, it gets different.

FlashBack

First day of my Senior year in high school! Where your grades actually matter, where you're asked that number one question, What college are you going to?

"I can't believe we made it!" Jasmine squeals as she holds onto her backpack straps. "Let's try not to screw up this year. No disappearing this year okay?"

"Hey it's not my fault I got kidnapped. By your boss! Thanx to you guys I'm the school freak..."

"How?"

"Because... people think I'm involved with som crazy shit. That I just want attention and that I want these things to happen." I explain to her.

"I didn't kno-"

"I know I made sure of that, so you didn't kick their ass. It's alright I'm used to it. This year my focus is graduating and getting out of this place. No boys, no distractions."

"Good luck with that" she pats me on the back before walking off to her first class.

"I will!" I turn around to shout back at her.

I glance to my side to see this foot being extended.Suddenly, I found myself falling backwards. I dropped my binder to grab a hold of what felt like a wall.

Only it wasn't a wall but a guy. He had dark brown hair with golden eyes and a smile that can melt your inside. But all those thoughts go away once I realized what he'd done.

"You tripped me!" I say in disbelief.

"Look at that my first day at this school and already a girl falling for me" he smiles which made my heart skip a beat.

"You tripped me!" I repeated in disbelief.

"I had to have some way to get your attention" He finally stands me up straight before picking up my binder.

"How about... oh I don't know... HI!"

"Hi."

"No!"

"Come on I'm really charming and fun once you get to know me." I chuckle at his remark as he hands me my binder. "My name is Mason."

"Zoe."
End of FlashBack

"Zoe are you eating breakfast? Because Alex is gonna eat your plate!" I heard Alex attempt to speak like Nick. I simply ignored him hoping he'll leave. "Alright, Alex it's yours!"  He spoke again from the other side of the locked door.

No one ever told me that grief felt so much like... fear. People ask you, are you scared to die? But the question you should be asking yourself is, Are you ready to loose them?

FlashBack

"Wow...you really make your way around, don't you?" I cross my arms as I finally step onto the field.

"Aw so sweet someone has a crush" he sang causing me to roll my eyes. "Huh funny."

"What?"