Chapter 9

"FREEZE! DROP YOUR WEAPON!" The officer screamed aiming his gun towards us.

"Its not even a weapon" Jordan smirks.

"Im gonna kill you!" I hiss at him as I held my hands above my head.

"RUN!" He screams throwing his duffle bag at the armed officers. He grabbed my hand sprinting to his sports car.

"JORDAN!"

Your probably confused as to why I'm with Jordan and why we are running from the cops. Let me take you earlier this night.

Jayce POV

Listen to people where they are angry, because that is when the truth comes out. Believe me the truth hurts... for a little while, but a lie? A lie hurts forever.

"Jack don't!" I heard Zoe yell from the halls.

"ZOE OUT OF MY WAY!" He shouts causing the guys to peek out of their room. Nick, Alex, Logan, including me of course.

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT!" He shouts at me, for once I decided to let this play out and see what heʻll try to do to me.

"Jack look at me, it's okay. It's partly my fault, I wondered off... and I shouldn't have. We need to focus on the bigger picture... the party tonight" Zoe says in a calm hushed tone.

"Just this once Calaway!" Jack hisses before storming into his room at the end of the hall.

"Yikes sure would hate to be you right now" Alex lightly punches my shoulder. Earning a glare from me and eye rolls from the others.

"I'd keep my distance from him tonight if I were you" Nick suggests tilting his head in the direction of Jacks room.

Nick, Logan, and Alex went about their business. Leaving Zoe and I alone in the hall.

"I could've handled."

"Right" She scoffs crossing her arms over her chest.

"Im serious."

"Mhm" She walks away to her room, I watch her hips move in the Loganʻs big shirt that she wore.

Is Alex right? Do I still like her?

Zoe POV

Shouting, make out sessions, dancing, loud music, the smell of alcohol, thats just the things I notice before I enter the building.

"Everybody remember why we weʻre here" Logan reminds us before we disperse into the crowd.

"Don't speak got it?" Jayce whispers in my ear. Instead of acknowledging him I look around at my surroundings. A guy on the dance floor caught my eye. He has a Hustler gang sign tattoo on the back of his neck.

"Zoe?!" Jayce snaps in my face making me look at him, loosing the guy.

I open my mouth to say something but he covers my mouth.

"Not a fucking word" he hisses and removes his hand. He grabs a hold of my hand dragging me with him.

As I stand here silent watching Jayce chat with other gang members, I scan the crowd for the guy. My eyes set on the bar, he sat at there drinking away.