Chapter 4 - Things revealed.

23 weeks pregnant

Julia refused to say goodbye to Oliver as that plane came down to land. Not a chance. Not happening. She hadn't talked to him since he'd told her Amanda was the new Beta, and he didn't seem to get it. He almost seemed hurt.

 She yawned, shut her eyes, and tried to relax on the plane. Beth was beside her, and to her surprise, Levi was coming too. He'd originally been meant to stay on the island with Jamie, Hugh and Kelly, the three older werewolves who were all in their forties. 

Her appointment was that afternoon. Julia would land, her mom would come and get them, then they'd go to her mom's house.  She stood at the airport, a bag over one shoulder, as her mom pulled up. Woah. That was weird- Julia had never realised that Australians drove on the wrong side of the road.

 "How hard is it to drive like this?" Levi asked, moving around the car, bag in one hand and the cane in the other.

Julia and Beth got into the back seat while her mother answered him, the two of them joking about it, before she tightened her hands on the wheel and tried to drive again. On the wrong side of the road. 

"So we've got time for lunch at home and then you'll go straight after. Urgh. I don't know how I'll get used to this." Her mom flinched as a car moved past. "Strange."

Her mom's new house was in the suburbs just a ten minute drive from the Essendon airport. Julia stared at it and relaxed straight away. It was pretty- white picket fence, some kind of fountain outside that a couple of birds were drinking from, some kind of decoration on the porch, and inside the walls were clean. White. She liked it straight away.  Her mom had put her own touches all over the place, one of the rooms seperated from the front room by a baby barrier. One room was a 'baby friendly room', like it had been at home, and the kitchen and dining was an adult room. She could tell because there were candles burning gently on the dining table. 

Julia was hugged hard by Beth's mom, who was still holding her baby brother, and she kissed her little brother who yawned and smiled at her, hand finding her long red hair and latching on. "Wow, he's getting .... um, strong."

"You've got light hair- I guess he notices it very fast." Beth's mom tried to help her detach her baby brotehr from her hair. "He's starting to sit and scoot around on his bum a little so please- don't leave any doors open. And watch where you walk. Sit. Move."

"When will he crawl?" Julia felt her own babies roll over, or kick, or something, and her mom shrugged.

"Maybe in a few months. I made some food for you, do you want it hot or cold? Levi- there's a couple of bedrooms free, Susan, can you show him?" 

Julia and Beth into the kitchen while Levi took the bags and dropped them in a couple of bedrooms upstairs. The kitchen was that same pretty clean white design. She had to admit she liked this house. 

Once lunch was over, some kind of pie her mom nucked in the microwave, they packed up and wandered outside. Julia thought they'd be driving.

"We're not driving. There's a tram."

A tram?

Julia followed her mom up the street and onto a tram. A tram! She stood in it, the bumpy thing winding through the seats, kind of stunned. Didn't Australia have buses? Luckily some guy got up and gave her his seat- she kept getting knocked around.

The hospital itself was huge and she followed her mom and Beth, trying to ignore the stairs, though she liked it. It was a children's hospital and there were bright colours everywhere, paintings, even some kind of giant Starlight playroom thing that Julia was so tempted to go in and explore. Instead, she had to go upstairs and tro to not pee all over herself again.