Chapter 8 - The new Beta, and the punishment for being a ass.

By the time she was safe to leave the hospital, which took three days of no sleep and stress, Julia was practically ready to burst into tears at the dropof a hat. The babies? Fine. But somehow, after trying to relax in a hospital, she just was getting to breaking point.  You couldn't sleep in a hospital. They came to check you every half hour, there was the lights from outside the sheets, someone's TV blaring somewhere near you. Beeps. People nearby. Coughing or something. The strange sense of your stomach being tied up so they could moniter the babies. The squeezy clip they put on your pointing finger to watch your blood oxygen levels and your pulse. The warmth of the bed and how, with her stomach so heavy, hard it was to try and shift over. Julia hated sleeping on her back.

It was Oliver who picked her up. She didn't look at him. She wanted to cry and sleep all at the same time which Julia was sure would work somehow. 

"Where's Levi?"

"At your mother's home." Oliver sighed. She was still cold. He wasn't sure still if it was his fault or not. God, he hoped Amanda would stay away.  "You and I are renting a different home."

"Are we?" Julia's fingers tightened on the doorhandle. "Don't make me jump out and run for home."

"It's just a few streets from your mother's home." Oliver grabbed onto Julia's arm, kind of worried she would, and she shook his hand off. "I need your-"

"Screw you. You don't get anything from me. I'm going to my mom's home. You can drive me or I'll walk."

Oliver had a headache. He stared at Julia, who's face was white and her eyes fixed on the outside world. He had to get her to focus. "The Candian Pack's been taken over."

Her reaction wasn't what he was expecting.

"So tell Amanda."

He gritted his teeth and tried to keep driving. 

"I'm sorry, Julia. I mean it. I tried to balance you and her and it didn't work. Okay?"

"Balance? You barely looked at me." Julia snapped. She yanked at the door handle as the car slowed. "You got a thin girl to flirt with."

"I wasn't fl, Julia!"

The second he'd had to slow, she'd gotten out. Julia strode along the street, bag in arm, determined to walk the rest of the way. She saw Oliver pull up some distance away into a driveway and chase after her. 

"You need to stay resting, Julia, calm down. Look. The house is just here."

When Julia saw Amanda, standing outside the house he was pointing at, she didn't calm down. If anything she was happy to head for the hospital. Go back to that.

"What's she doing here?" Julia snapped. 

Oliver stared at Amanda. Did she have a suitcase? This was not good. He grabbed at Julia's hand, pulling her up to the house, and saw her nostrils flare. Saw her eyes narrow. That same look she'd given Yasmine when she'd been his 'wife'.

He wondered if he'd missed something. Amanda seemed to be giving her the same look back.

"What's she doing here, Oliver?"

"What are you doing here?" Oliver tried to breathe. He ignored Amanda as she came closer, her hand brushing over his arm, and suddenly saw something kind of posessive in this. Earlier it'd been just something she did while they joked around. "Amanda?"

"I thought we could go clubbing here too. It's netural terroritry. There's a ball coming up." Amanda stared at Julia. She crossed her arms. "Is she hasstling her Alpha? As Beta, I-"