Chapter 21 - A little sleep and a lot of nappies before the storm.

Julia sat in the bedroom with Levi, as he worked on his laptop at the desk nearby, working on a design with a pretty professional looking computer program. She wasn't sure what he was designing, just that it involved a lot of maths and a lot of logical stuff that made him require his right hand writing and a lot of notes being made.    

"I can go if you want."

"Julia, wait." Levi stood up quickly. "One last thing." 

He put something on the laptop and came to grasp Julia's hands, tugging her off the bed, as a guitar came to echo around the room from the speakers plugged into the speakers. Levi leaned down to kiss her gently, teasing her neck as he tugged her shirt aside, arms wrapping around her. He actually sang with the guy, his voice pretty good, deep.  "Hello, I've waited here for you, everlong."

"Levi?" She wasn't sure why he was singing for her, why he was dancing, but she wasn't sure she even cared. Julia leaned against him, breathing a bit faster, her heart about to burst in her chest with all the emotions he kept triggering. 

"Tonight, I throw myself into, and out of the red ..." He grinned at her, swirling her around under his arm, and bent her backwards as Levi's lips traced her neck. "Come down and waste away with me, down with me." 

He went quiet, kissing her gently, while the guy sang, and then his lips brushed against hers as he continued softly, "If everything could ever feel this real forever. If anything could be this good again. Only thing I'll ever ask of you, got to promise not to stop when I say when..." He grinned, dancing with her slowly, a hand coming up to brush Julia's red cheeks. "Breathe out, so I can breathe you in." He leaned down against her, shutting his eyes, and she couldn't help but sigh, Julia's eyes shutting. "Hold you in."

She felt herself pulled into his lap, as he sat down on the bed, his arms closing around her and holding her. Levi buried his head against her neck, like he couldn't keep it up, letting the song play as he just held her there. Julia wrapped her arms around him, trembling somehow, resting the side of her head against his shoulder, watching his throat swallow, his neck tense. He was shaking. 

"What's wrong?"

He didn't answer. He wasn't okay though. She wasn't sure what it was, what was wrong, but ...something was.

A sudden voice from behind made her jump, Oliver, just as the song kind of got... rocking. He was singing too, not exactly as good a singer as Levi, but he grinned at her as he left the door wide open and kissed the back of her neck, sliding the computer chair over so he could manage it while Levi sat on the bed.

"I think we better fit in some fun tonight." He decided, tugging Julia back against his chest, her legs still around Levi's lap. "You agree, Levi?"

Levi nodded, his smile returning somewhat, hands tracing down Julia's legs. "I think we better fit in a lot more than some."

Julia glanced over her shoulder at Oliver, and saw her, saw Amanda staring at Oliver like he'd just broken her heart. For a moment she felt sorry for her, sort of, except then there was this flash of malevolence directed at Julia and at the crib that shattered any pity whatsoever.

"Ignore her." Oliver said softly against her neck, face buried in her red hair, stroking her sides. "She has to deal with it. I've accepted my punishment for it, I'm happy. I get you. It's not a bad sacrifice. Right now though, I'm Alpha, and I demand you strip naked for me tonight."

"Oh?" She giggled as he tried to slip his fingers under her top, squirming, trying to hold her top down.

"Mmmhm. But I suppose you'll need to eat some dinner first, care for our girls, and then shower."