Chapter 7 - More problems and the bastard returns

Dr. Kelly's suspicion, that Julia wasn't actually diabetic but had been stressed out and consumed too much sugar that day, turned out to be completely accurate. That didn't change that Julia had to make sure her diet stayed 'healthy', this was made very clear, but the medication seemed to be keeping everything from opening, the babies were still fine. She was allowed to be up for an afternoon, as long as she didn't push herself, allowed to go see a movie or something.  No public transport. Only cars. The rest of the time she had to stay in bed and relax. 

Julia 'lost' her phone in the river in Melbourne when Beth finally took her out for lunch. They sat there, trying to relax, aware of the occasional 'werewolf' passing by. It was kind of funny how many actually lived and worked here, from all these differnet groups, but she didn't know them enough to know the difference between one Pack and another.

"What's with Levi?"

"I asked him out." Julia muttered. She saw Levi leaning against a wall nearby, his arms crossed, refusing to look at them. "Why?"

"He's been weird. I don't know." Beth muttered. She dunked a chip into the tomato sauce and glanced at him. "At least he can drive. You asked him out?"

"Yeah." 

Beth actually grinned then. "Oliver know?"

"I lost my phone in the river." Julia figured that was childish. But with him calling over forty times yesterday she was tired of it. "It's with the fishies."

Beth just shook her head at her and glanced back to Levi, who met her eyes, before he stood up and headed into a shop. "Well, you should talk to him."

"Why does everyone think I should?"

"Because, as much of a jerk as he is, he's still the Alpha? And their dad?" Beth then sighed. "Okay, actually, I don't want you to tell him anything. Mom keeps telling me you need to remember that he's your Alpha. I don't know my real dad either. I guess it is a good idea to let him help. You don't have to date him."

Let him help? Julia scowled. He had barely done anything TO help. Julia tried to eat as they watched the boats go past on the river, the warm summer sun on them between clouds, her milkshake heaven after weeks of not being allowed to touch one. Strawberry. They'd even put strawberries inside it, cut them up, and she fished them out when the drink was finished.

"Hey, cute girls. Julia. Beth, right?" Allan waved. THAT got Levi's attention.

He hurried back over as Allan and Chris came over, sliding into the table, his eyes narrowed at them in a threat that Julia doubted he could really have pulled through. 

"Let's go." Levi's voice startled them both. He was pulling them up, dropping notes onto the table, and Julia stared at him. 

"Why?"

"Because."

"Maybe we should see a movie first." Beth suggested. She got such a look from her brother that she hesitated. "Later. I suppose you're right."

"Email us already. We're waiting." Chris called, looking a bit taken back by the swift disappearance.

Julia was so annoyed at Oliver that she didn't worry about Levi. She followed behind him, grasping for his free hand, that urge to reassure him coming back. He stared at their hands, stared at her, and she made sure he couldn't let go. The other hand was using the cane to keep him upright.  

They headed for the movie, which they'd already booked, and she sat beside Levi on one side as she continued to hold his hand. If he didnt like it then he didn't say anything. Beth nudged him everytime he tried to let go. With Beth on one side and Julia on the other, Levi didn't have much choice, and Julia got her way.