Epilogue- Husband, Husband and Wife.

Three Years Later

“Julia, come on. It's bad luck for them to see you before the wedding.” Beth tugged at her.

Julia giggled, her face flushing, as she muttered, “Well, um. They may have already seen me.”

“What? When?”

“Well, you know. It's hard to get time alone with them with twins always popping in at any time. So we... when you had to take the girls to say hello to their daddies... well.” Julia giggled again at Beth's face, holding up her hands. “It's really hard to get alone time now! Don't look at me like that. If you and Yasmine have a baby you'll understand. Half an hour of free time is suddenly either sexy time or nap time. We were tempted to try nap time but we didn't want to crinkle the dress.”

Julia moved past Beth, the silky wedding dress brushing across the grassy path, heading down the path for a specific part of the island near where the homestead had once been. Truthfully she wanted her parents to see her like this.

She made her way down the path to the beach, where there'd once been a homestead, her bare feet sinking into the sandy grass, the sand sinking up around the wedding dress. It really didn't matter much to Julia but she knew it was bothering Beth a little. It was dry sand though. It'd brush off.

She stood in front of the grave where they'd been buried properly, the three of them side by side with her baby brother protected between them, and gazed at the marble stone. Moss was already growing on it and there were already flowers on it. Fresh ones. Roses from the garden Julia had started while Levi built the Guild Hall. He'd said two years and it'd naturally taken over three years for it to work. They'd had to rebuild the pier, get plans approved, and it wasn't a quick process to do any of that. It'd almost been a year before they could officially start.

Julia's eyes went up the hill to where it sat, more or less propped up on pillars on the hill, this giant building that was spectacular to look at.

The Pack Hall itself was more or less identical to the old one. It was tall, arched ceiling, a wide open space, much like a church. The sound that could be produced in it was amazing- the sound just bounced all over the place. It looked older than it really was. Somehow Levi had designed it to look ancient. Had carvings put into the tall pillars, of wolves, and had started a project to make artwork about the history of the pack by carving and burning images into panels of wood and using fragments of the mother of pearl shells along the edges of the hall. It was kind of beautiful.

Levi's work, be it sketches in a sketchbook or a Guildhall, never failed to impress Julia. But it was more than that. This building was built by Oliver- he'd taken a part time apprenticeship as a builder- and it was paid for by the entire Pack. Everyone put money in for it, or contributed some kind of work, or did something. This Pack Hall was built by everyone. Julia had directed and worked on the gardens above it- around an acre of hill, which had been cut into large 'steps' for each kind of garden. Food, flowers, herbs, fruit trees, she thought of everything.

With the hall's side facing into the hill, which was pretty steep, it left plenty of room underneath for Levi to work with. So he'd had the hill cut into, like a half-basement, and turned the bottom floor into a kitchen, a library, a recreation room for the Pack, a few bathrooms and a few guest bedrooms. Then, at the very end, there was a two story section separated from the Pack Hall and the lower floor. The Alpha residence. It was narrow, sure, but it was pretty cosy and well thought out. The bottom of it, connecting to the back of the Pack Hall, had the little kitchen, the living room and the bathroom. The top floor was the bedroom and study.

Julia loved it. It was so beautiful, the lower floor under the Pack Hall constantly being used by Pack, and half the time the rec-room had people sleeping overnight because they either couldn't be bothered to go back to the mainland or they got sea sick on the Pack boat. It was the life of the island, that room, where everything happened. The wedding's reception was in there today.