Chapter 17

{ Nami's P.O.V }

"It's been a long time hasn't it?"

I sniffed and started to weep. I've been crying too much lately. But not seeing your best friend for a long time, who wouldn't cry. How dare she though?! How can she just knock on my door and just say that?! Hug me for pete's sake! I pulled the adult to my chest and my grip tighten the more the memories started to form in my head. I stared straight at her eyes wondering why was she even here in the first place.

She hugged me back and said, "I miss you, Nami."

I couldn't help but smile. "I miss you. I miss you so much, Lauren."

"Hey Nami who's at the door..." Law stood there and murmured something to Namis. He squinted his eyes and nodded his head in reply.

That's when I noticed a familiar face going up to Lauren with heart-shaped eyes. "Oh, Nami-swan! Who's this sweet amazing pearl~!" I rolled my eyes as Lauren confusingly cringed. Sanji held her hand while praising her on one knee. I giggled and told Sanji to leave her alone.

I noticed that everyone was staring at her with shocked expressions which I thought it felt like she was unwelcome. I gave the boys that glare I usually give them and right away they knew what to do. The boys all formed two lines at the sides of the door and Lauren walked right in. Everyone introduced themselves and greeted her. Right in the middle was Robin with a bouquet of flowers. "Welcome dear." Robin gave her usual smile and gave the roses to Lauren. I mouthed 'thank you' to Robin as she gave me a genuine smile.

"So....." I tried to start the conversation. "How do you like the boys?" I know, I know. Bad start. But hey, I was really curious.

"I mean it's crazy that you and Robin live with mostly guys. I mean isn't it bothersome?" She questioned.

Robin laughed as she stared at the boys who were being quiet. "You see, we girls have some control over guys you know." Lauren's eyes started to sparkle asking her 'how Robin and I do it.'

Luffy stood up. "You don't control us! I'm your captain so you need to listen to m-" I slammed my hands on the table giving him a look saying, "What did you say!" He sat back down and pouted, "Hmph!" I laughed and sat next to him.

I played with his hair and said, "Without Robin and I, they wouldn't know what to do at all." Luffy smiled and agreed with me. "But they're still troublesome."

Zoro crossed his arms and scowled. "Just be happy that we listen to you." I giggled and said 'yeah, yeah.' Lauren stared at me and grinned. I've been knowing that girl for a long time, when that girl grins something is definitely on her mind.

"Do you always listen to her?" Lauren said in curiousity. Zoro scowled hating how he always listens to me, even when he doesn't want to do it.

Lauren and I tried to catch up on stuff we missed. The crew - mostly Usopp and Luffy - talked about the adventures we had on board. Brook played his guitar and Lauren sang along while Franky and Chopper danced away. Robin read her book quietly enjoying the fun the crew made. What really caught my attention was when Law stared at her in amazement. And when I mean 'her', I mean 'Lauren'. But what caught my attention even more, was when she was staring at him with awe, too! When they both realized this, they shook their heads, continuing what they were doing before. They were acting like that never happened. Lastly, Namis and Zoro were drinking booze and talking all night. I wonder what they're talking about?
________________________________________________________________