Chapter 22

As Nami stepped inside her room, she immediately locked it. She leaned on the door and heavily breathed. She rubbed her eyes and used her fists to hit her forehead. Why did she use her heart instead of her brain? She let her feelings take over and look what happened now. She got a kiss from Zoro?! That has to be a bad sign.

She put her hair up into a ponytail and spread her whole body on the bed. She took a deep, long breath. What a day. Her eyes opened immensely as she realized all the events that happened. She would have to apologize to the swordsman for kissing him. He must be uncomfortable right now. Her heart started to pound. Oh how she needed Nojiko. Her sister would definitely give the best advice to her. But for now Robin is her Nojiko and that's fine with her. She decided she would speak to the archaeologist. She really needed to talk to her. But before she did, she had to visit her mother. She bent down, put her hands together and prayed.
_____________________________________________

He stared at the door, waiting for it to open. But of course it didn't happen. He rubbed his temples as he sighed. Why is he overthinking this? All he had to do is tell her. He will say what's on his mind and wait for her response. He then thought of what she had said.

"I. Like. You."

He smiled. He never felt so much joy in all his life. He stood straight. Just act natural. He was just about to knock on the door but to his surprise it opened. Standing it front of him was Nami with a tang top that reveals her chest. She raised an eyebrow at him. What was he doing anyways? He shook his head and looked at her chocolate brown eyes.

"Can we talk?"

"No."

She walked past him and that was it. What the hell? He didn't want to be rough but he grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards him.

"Hey! What are you doing?!"

Zoro squinted his eyes. "Oi, can you just listen to me?"

She struggled to pull her wrist back but the marimo just wouldn't let go. "I need to talk to Robin, I don't need to talk to you right now."

The swordsman sighed as he let her go. "Fine whatever." It's great to know that you don't care. He shoved his hands in his pockets, turned his head to the left, and let her do whatever she was gonna do. Nami noticed his actions and felt bad. She shouldn't be treating him this way. She's probably giving out mixed signals.

"It better be quick." She turned around and faced him with her arms crossed. He didn't say anything. He was dead silent. "Hurry it up already."

Zoro scowled. "I hate you."

Nami turned and waved. "Good to know."

He grabbed her hand, spun her around, and grinned. "I hate you for stealing something of mine."

The navigator scoffed. She didn't know what he was getting at exactly. "I didn't steal anything of yours, idiot."

"Yeah, you did. You stole my heart."

The tangerine lover's face had flushed with embarrassment. She couldn't believe what she just heard. She didn't think that a guy like him would ever say such a thing. Her face still red but blinked a few times. She tried to recover from the shock. She nervously patted his head. "Um, what?"

His left eye twitched. "And you call me the idiot." With his hand still grasping on hers, he pulled it and Nami didn't know where in the heck he was taking her. The crew watched the two walk out and they shared knowing glances.

Franky laughed. "Love, am I right?" Robin scooted closer to him and rested her head on his shoulder. They kept it a secret for a long time but they have been dating for quite some time. The crew got even more confused, now realizing there is already a couple this whole time.