Chapter 21

"I. Like. You."

Zoro flinched. He knew she was gonna say it. He knew it. So why did it feel like he didn't know it at all. He took a deep breath and rubbed his temples. His heart was beating. Fast. He kept his eyes shut, not wanting to look at her. He wanted to leave. His heart started to beat faster. He clenched his chest. He had no idea what's happening to him but he tried to ignore the weird feeling in his stomach.

"You wanted to hear that, didn't you?" She said with such confidence. But after seeing the swordsman' face, she backed down. A tug pulled on her heart string. He looked so terrified. She wanted to just die. How can she just say that? Of course he wouldn't return her feelings. What'd she expect? Zoro and her being a couple? That's never gonna happen! Not in a million years. She sniffed. "Sorry...I-I should've never said anything." She ran off to look for Robin but was stopped by his hand. He had grabbed her arm and pulled her to face him. She might've been daydreaming but she swore she saw a tint of sadness in his eyes.

"Don't leave. Not again." He realized what he said and he lightly pushed her. He turned his head and grunted. "I mean....don't be storming off, you witch. I have feelings too, you know." His ears turned pink, noticing what he said was even worse. "Wait! I...didn't mean to say that! I swear! Dammit, this is all your fault!" He crossed his arms, turned around so Nami could only see his back. "I don't care anymore, just...just leave already."

The navigator stood there, slightly confused. But she grinned, finding him amusing. She grabbed his chin and turned it so he can face her. She grinned even more. "I'm not gonna leave until you explain yourself. So what were you trying to say?"

He couldn't take it anymore. Her teasing just provoked him somehow. He grabbed both of her arms and pinned her on the tree.He stared at her chocolate brown eyes. She seemed worried but at the same time she wasn't. He expected her to punch him or shove him away but he didn't get either. She just let it be and that made him real confused. "You're not scared?"

"Of course not. I know you wouldn't do anything like that anyways." Nami wrapped her arms around his neck. She smiled. "I want this to happen too."

"Really?"

She nodded her head. The swordsman let go of her wrists and pulled her closer to him. He was filled with so many emotions. But the one thing that can describe him right now is that he's happy. Really really happy. He stared at her. And she stared back. Is it weird for the two to both know exactly what they were thinking? She grinned. He grinned. There was just a tiny gap that separated their lips. Zoro closed the gap. He never thought that this would happen. He closed his eyes and just let it be. But their little moment was interrupted by the sound of their captain.

"Nami! It's ok, you don't need to cry! You're- oh......" Luffy stopped, realizing that he should've left them alone. "Oops. Uhh..did I..." He just stood there loss for words.

The tangerine lover slightly pushed the moss head. She shook her head rapidly. "N-no! It's ok! You didn't interrupt anything if that's what you think! Well I....I'm going to get a drink. I'll see you inside!" And she dashed towards the door.

Zoro stood there sighing. Even though he was a bit mad that they stopped, he still had a smugly grin on his face. He glared at Luffy, telling him to not do that again.

The Straw hat laughed. "Sorry I didn't mean to...you know."

The marimo rolled his eyes, not believing him. "Whatever." He walked towards the door. He wanted to find her and tell her everything. Tell her how he felt. Tell her how much she means to him. But not right now because his captain was ruffling his hair.