Chapter 25: Epilogue - Part 1

Before you begin reading, I just want to say the me two or three years ago was the absolute worse to come up with such a bad plot and explanations as to why 'this' or 'that' happened. Like it all made no sense. Everything was a whole mess and I'm not proud of it. For the ones who read this all the way, I have major respect you handled this awfulness.

This epilogue (a three parter) will make up for the poor chapters, please enjoy part 1!

________________________________________________

Zoro grudgingly woke up from another nap. No. That was a lie. At least he thought it was another hourly nap. Right next to him lay Nami's sleeping figure, a sheet covering them both. This was much more than a nap but an amazing night's rest. Out of impulse, the swordsman quickly looked under the sheet to make sure he wasn't naked and he wasn't, gladly. Well he wasn't naked naked since he was only shirtless and had no pants on. He was just in his boxers. He didn't recall any memories of last night which was the scary part. He peeked under the blanket and stared at Nami's body. Panic struck him then. If Nami is only in her bra and underwear then that means... But he was relieved from his own tension when seeing her in a shirt and short shorts like always. Though that eased his worry, he still didn't understand why he was the only one with no clothes on. He leaned off the bed for a moment and saw his clothes and katanas laying peacefully on the floor.

He laid back down, staring up at the ceiling and seeing how he was definitely in the women's quarters. In his head, he debated to himself whether he should go and leave before the tangerine lover woke up and smacked him on the head for being in her room. But then again what if he was supposed to be there and if he left her, what if she misunderstands something? His head ached. Stupid hangover. He then cursed his own drinking habit for making him forget last night's event.

It only had been a few days since they left the island Law and Namis were staying at. They were now set on course to land on another island. Its whereabouts unknown for now. Zoro then sat up, not use to sleeping with his entire back laying down. His back always leaned on a wall to nap with his hands thrown behind his head as a cushion. He looked over to Robin's bed, and she wasn't there. Maybe because she's already awake. His eyes lingered to her alarm clock, the time reading 10:05. Nami would've already been up this time and kicked him to wake up. But right now, she was defenseless and so calm. The complete opposite from what she showed out on deck. This was the first time he slept beside her, wasn't it? No, it was the second. Nor Zoro or her would live with being on the same bed while the archaeologist was only several feet away from them. That one time was only an exception since Robin wasn't there. He and Nami both knew they didn't want to be a bother to the older woman because of their selfishness. And no way in hell would Nami want to sleep in the men's quarters.

"Baka. Why won't you just leave?" His head spun around to meet the cat burglar's eyes. "You've been up for a while. I was waiting for you to go." She sat up as well, gazing towards her partner.

"How long have you've been up?" Zoro questioned.

"Not long after you." She removed the sheet that covered herself and got out of bed. She dug through her closet for clothes she hadn't wore in a while. The swordsman stared at her dumbfounded until he grabbed his clothes on the floor and put only his pants on. He threw his shirt over his left shoulder and put his katanas back on the side of his waist. As he was distracted, she took the chance to quickly change into a light blue tang-top and black denim shorts. Her eyes wandered around her side of the room for her beach hat and sunglasses which sat on top of her drawer. She snatched it and tucked her glasses on her top and wore her hat. Zoro didn't realize he was staring. "Don't tell me you saw me naked, too."

He grew red at that. "Shut up!" He didn't stare until after knowing she was done changing. Of course he has plenty of shame in him. "It's not like I've never seen you naked before." He realized his words too late and received a morning punch to the head. "What? It's true, isn't it? Remember in Alabasta? Happiness Punch?" And Zoro should've learned his lesson and shut himself up before digging himself in a hole.