three

Millie's POV

"Ready to go in?" Finn asked, looking over at me. 

I continued to stare at the large, intimidating house that stood in front of me. I took a deep breath before hesitantly answering. "Yeah... yeah, I'm ready." 

We walked up to the house, and Finn held the door open so we could both enter. Music was blaring from every direction, and people filled the rooms to the point where there was hardly any walking space. 

"Hey," Caleb shouted, "you guys made it!" 

"Hey, Caleb," Finn patted him on the back, smiling, "Millie, this is Caleb."

"Nice to meet you," I spoke loudly over the music. 

"You too. I'm gonna go find Sadie, but I'll catch you guys later, okay?" 

Finn and I both nodded our heads as Caleb walked away, becoming lost in the crowd. 

"Hey Mills, I'm gonna go to the bathroom, I'll be right back, promise." 

"But Finn-"

"It'll just be a minute, I promise," he smiled. He walked off in search for the bathroom, leaving me standing in the middle of a drunken crowd of people. I was able to make my way to the kitchen, where there was a counter full of several kinds of drinks. I scanned every bottle, but none of the drinks seemed appealing. 

"Hey, what're you looking for?" A boy said, standing across the counter. 

I looked up at the unfamiliar face, quickly going back to scanning the drinks. "Oh, um, something non-alcoholic..."

"Well then sounds like the punch is your best choice," he smiled, grabbing a cup and filling it with the bright red liquid. He held it up, waiting for me to grab it. "I'm Jack." 

I took the drink from his hands, immediately taking a sip to cure my dry throat. "I'm Millie." 

"I don't think I've seen you around before?" He questioned, walking around the counter so that he was closer to me. 

"Yeah, um, I'm not much of a party person." 

"Well in that case, cheers," he smirked, holding up his cup. 

I lightly tapped his beer bottle, drinking the rest of the punch in my cup. 

"I think I'm gonna go dance, feel free to help yourself," he winked. 

I rolled my eyes at his attempt to flatter me, filling up my cup once more with punch. I gulped down all of the liquid, the dryness still in my throat. I leaned back on the counter, waiting patiently for Finn to come back. 

Finn's POV

I couldn't find her anywhere. It had only been about 20 or so minutes, but I knew that she didn't even want to come here in the first place, which means she probably wasn't too happy. In the large crowd of dancing people, I spotted Caleb. 

"Caleb!" I shouted.

"Hey, what's up man?" 

"Have you seen Millie? I can't find her anywhere." 

"Last time I saw her I think she was by the drinks, but I haven't seen her for a little while. I'm sorry man, but she couldn't have gone far." 

"Alright, thanks," I moved past him, scanning the room for any sight of Millie. I walked towards the kitchen, trying to look past the crowds of people. 

"Finn!" A girl squealed, jumping on my back. 

I grabbed her arms and turned around. "Millie? Where have you been?"