sixteen

Sophia's POV

"Plan starts today," Dane exclaimed, rubbing his hands together.

"We don't even know the fucking plan," Wyatt said, leaning forward in his seat.

My heart raced against my chest like never before. I inhaled a shaky breath and anxiously played with the ring on my finger. A ring my mom had given me.

"Shut the fuck up, Wyatt," Dane said through his teeth, "Sophia has the most important part today, anyways."

My head instantly snapped up, my heart stopping. "M-me? Why me?"

"You're one of the most important parts of this whole plan, Sophia."

I didn't even wanna be a part of the plan, how was I so important?

"Wh- um, what do I have to do?" I stumbled over my words. I wanted nothing more than for this whole thing to be over.

"Well, first you have to make plans with Millie. But, this time you're gonna ask for a sleepover."

I paused. A sleepover? Last time I had one of those was with Maddie over a year ago.

"Okay..." I spoke softly, "Is it gonna be at her house?"

"Nope, that's where your important part comes in. You're gonna take her to this address," he said, handing me a small post-it note with an address scribbled down.

"Where even is this?"

"That doesn't matter. Just get her there," he stated.

"How am I supposed to get us there?" I had thousands of questions flowing through my head. I tried to gather my thoughts the best I could so that I wasn't noticeably nervous.

"You're gonna drive, we'll get you a car."

"Dane, I can't even drive. I've been a little busy this year selling drugs, remember?"

"Watch it, Sophia. You're not gonna talk to me like that after all the shit i've done for you, are you?"

I threw my back against my seat and rolled my eyes. I've had enough of this.

"Besides, that doesn't matter. You're still gonna drive."

"And if I get caught?" I questioned.

"Don't."

"Helpful advice," I said under my breath.

"And do not fucking mess this up, Sophia. This plan is weighing heavily on you and I swear to God, you're done if you mess this up."

I stayed silent. 

"Got it," I muttered. "Where are you guys gonna be during all of this? What about Finn?" I asked, leaning forward once more.

"Don't worry about him, I'll take care of him. Jaeden and Wyatt are gonna be at the address. You just do your part."
-----------

I nervously bit my lip as the phone rang. Almost immediately, I recognized the familiar, sweet voice that answered the phone.