Chapter 5

Angel couldn't sleep.

She kept hearing it. Harry speaking in parsel-tongue. It had scared her. The guttural sounds rumbling from his throat.

All the other girls in the Slytherin dormitory were asleep. Angel quietly slipped down the stairs into the common room. The only light came through a single window, and it cast an eerie shine on the room.

Suddenly, Angel heard a whimpering sound, almost like some one crying loudly from a long way off. She followed the noise to a small door she had never noticed before. She twisted the handle and found that it was unlocked. Angel cautiously opened the door, and stepped into a dimly lit hall way. She tiptoed down the hall. The sound was getting louder. Presently, Angel came to another door. She opened it, and found herself in a small musty room.

It was furnished with two couches, one of which was empty, and the other was occupied by a sobbing girl. The girl looked up. Angel was shocked.

"Hermione!" She cried,"What are you doing here? What's wrong?"

"I-i-i was j-just l-looking for a place t-to be a-a-a-alone." Hermione wailed.

"What's wrong?" Angel repeated, "Why are you crying?"

"It's Colin. C-Colin Creevey. H-he's been p-p-petrified. I-i-i'm scared. I m-might be n-n-next!" Hermione sobbed.

"Oh Hermione! You'll be okay!" Angel exclaimed.

"I-i know i-it's silly o-o-of me!" Hemione said, trying to smile.

"You know, sometimes it's okay to cry."Angel said cheerfully.

"Th-th-thanks Angel." Hermione said, drying her tears, "I feel much better."

"Hey, do you want to meet here tomorrow?" Angel asked.

"Sure." Hermione smiled, "See you then!"

Angel went back to her room. She lay in the bed and fell into a deep sleep.