Chapter 9

It was Christmas eve.

Angel and Draco had a snowball fight, which left them happy, but freezing. They staggered into the Great hall, teeth chattering but still finding enough breath to laugh their heads off. Their happiness earned them a furious glare from Harry.

They had a wonderful meal of soup with apple pie for dessert. The warm pie melted in Angel's mouth, a welcome warmth in the foreign chill of her body. She, Ron, Harry, Draco, and a few others from hufflepuff and ravenclaw played a game of white elephant.

Draco won a blanket and a teddy bear that he secretly gave to Angel later. Harry earned a snow-globe. Ron was disappointed with his meager winnings of a scarf. Angel got a box of magic marshmallows, which she and Ron squabbled over.

Alone in the common room, Draco and Angel shared the marshmallows and sang Christmas Carols. Angel's sweet melodious voice blended with Draco's low warm tones perfectly.

Angel, finally tired out, drifted off to sleep on Draco's chest. He looked down at her, smiling. She was the only thing that made him truly smile. The rest of the world knew Draco Malfoy as a sullen, bitter boy, but Angel melted his heart, revealing the gentle, lovesick guy inside.

These thoughts turned round in Draco's head, and he slowly nodded off.

Time skip (just cuz)

Draco's eyes blinked open slowly. Angel was still resting peacefully on his chest, burrowed in his scent.

Draco sat peacefully, until he remembered what day it was. CHRISTMAS!

"Kitty." he whispered gently, "get up, it's christmas."

Angel just rolled over and continued sleeping.

"Kitty." he whispered, this time more fervently, "Get up."

Angel ignored him.

"You leave me no choice." he said.

He picked her up in his strong arms and began to tickle her.

"Stop!" Angel cried, giggling, "That tickles!"

"That was kinda the point." Draco explained, rolling his eyes.

"why did you wake me up?" she asked sleepily.

"It's Christmas."

Angel's eyes snapped open. She sat up tall.

"Where are the presents?" She demanded.

"Calm down." Draco scolded her. "The presents are over there. Save those two for last."

Angel tore into her presents.

From her mum- a weasley sweater (as always)
dad- a sketchpad
Hermione- a book
Ron- chocolate
Harry- earrings
the twins- a spell checking quill
Bill- phoenix feather
Charlie- candy
Percy- a charm bracelet

Angel opened presents till the only two left were the ones that Draco had said to save for last.

She began to unwrap a large one with golden wrapping paper. Inside was a scrapbook. It had a beautiful f/c cover, and great quality paper.

She tore the wrapping on a the last small present. A box was revealed inside. She opened the box to find a beautiful necklace.

"Wow.Thank you so much!" She breathed.

Draco blushed. Right then and there, Angel decided she would wear it every day. It was one of the best christmases ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An:

hey guys! Thank you for your support. I really couldn't write this book without you. Also, a special shout-out to crazycat92203

BYE~ Kayla